IGNORED

Walnut Creek: Trail Crew Open Call

Chardog

Needing Paydirt or otherwise interested in helping keep the trails at Walnut Creek enjoyable, well drained and in great shape?  Let me know.  With the recent rain and cooler weather, I plan to get out there regularly.  Once or twice a week if there is interest.

Also, if you are interested in serving as Trail Steward for Walnut Creek or any other ARR maintained trail, let us know.

Thanks 

Charlie Rou, ARR President

arrprez@austinridgeriders.com

Google Account

• Like 1

On 9/28/2018 at 2:16 PM, Chardog said:

interested in helping keep the trails at Walnut Creek enjoyable, well drained and in great shape?  Let me know.

I see that there's a workday tomorrow evening, but I can't make that time. I could be available tomorrow morning (Thurs. 10/4) to take care of some things though.

I recently found out that my employer will pay for a certain amount of volunteer hours. So, I can start helping out a couple hours here and there during the week.

2 hours ago, Teamsloan said:

I see that there's a workday tomorrow evening, but I can't make that time. I could be available tomorrow morning (Thurs. 10/4) to take care of some things though.

I recently found out that my employer will pay for a certain amount of volunteer hours. So, I can start helping out a couple hours here and there during the week.

We will be back out Thursday at 4pm.  You, or anyone else, is welcome to contact me so we can set up a trail project date/time that works for you.  I can accommodate almost any schedule with adequate lead time.

I've uploaded photos from our work out at Walnut Creek on Tuesday, October 2nd.  We moved two large boulders in the creek to shore up the rock path that stretches across the creek.  We also did some work on the opposite side of the creek. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I can attest that spending a morning doing some trail work is a GREAT way to give back to the trails. You will never really appreciate how much work it takes to maintain these little ribbons of dirt we all love until you grab a shovel and spend some time with a trail steward.

It’s what separates us from the roadies (not trying to start a flame war here).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

With a good crew of people willing to move dirt, it's amazing the amount of work that can be accomplished in a short time.  We converted three problem mud-holes into sweet berms that will be sustainable in this crazy wet weather we've been having.  It was great to meet fellow riders and talk bikes!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...