Chardog

Walnut Creek: Trail Crew Open Call

1 hour ago, Teamsloan said:

Chardog, tomorrow evening I will be available to substitute my weekly ride with digging. Would it be possible to do some work at WC? I have no idea who else would join me, but I wanted to let you know.

I'm out of town.  Please coordinate with Cullen

I'm out of town.  Please coordinate with Cullen

Dewayne is part of a small group willing to sling shovels. Would he be approved to give guidance?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No offense to Cullen, I don’t know his forum handle or have his contact info and Dewayne and I were already discussing it.

1 hour ago, Teamsloan said:

No offense to Cullen, I don’t know his forum handle or have his contact info and Dewayne and I were already discussing it.

All trail work needs to be done under the protocol established by land managers.  In the case of Walnut, the official ARR Trail Steward notifies PARD for maintenance activities.  Anything beyond the scope of maintenance requires a more involved approval process through higher PARD levels.  Cullen is the official ARR Trail Steward.  He can be contacted at walnut_creek@austinridgeriders.com

Please understand that in order to PRESERVE ACCESS, trail development, maintenance and use must be done in accordance with the processes laid out by the land manager.

23 minutes ago, Chardog said:

Please understand that in order to PRESERVE ACCESS, trail development, maintenance and use must be done in accordance with the processes laid out by the land manager.

Understood, I'll contact Cullen then.

Trail work day cancelled for the morning of 2/10. It’s even too nasty to dig out there. Dig session planned for this Tuesday evening. Keep your eyes open for a post from the trail stewards.

eee90f468a640483a0b400cddd5f8335.jpg

• Like 1

Cullen was having trouble getting logged in to this forum but he asked me to pass along the message:

ARR lead trail work planned at Walnut Creek for Tuesday evening at 5:30

(meet at the pool parking lot)

Shovels provided but bring a headlight and water.  Post trail work food/beverages welcome.  We all need time in the dirt so give back to the trail that gives us so much and make a difference.  Bigger crew = Bigger features and bigger solutions = Bigger smiles

• Like 1