IGNORED

Interesting little trail up north on Ronald Reagan Highway....

Two weeks ago I took a drive with the wife up north and saw this trail... I think it's connected to the Santa Rita housing development, but what made it interesting was that it's on the side of somewhat steep hill, and its switchback layout. I'd say it's about a two to three story elevation drop. Just interesting to see that the developers cut it... If it does belong to the development.

Screen Shot 2020-05-17 at 3.21.45 PM.png

Edited by RidingAgain

Two weeks ago I took a drive with the wife up north and saw this trail... I think it's connected to the Santa Rita housing development, but what made it interesting was that it's on the side of somewhat steep hill, and its switchback layout. I'd say it's about a two to three story elevation drop. Just interesting to see that the developers cut it... If it does belong to the development.
1511092223_ScreenShot2020-05-17at3_21_45PM.thumb.png.e96b7b231050a5c00a75788e3339e90f.png

That was developed by a local pro trail builders. They posted on Voodoo and maybe here.

You can follow them on Instagram @komtrails

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think there have been trails there for a couple of years at least. And long enough to be on google satellite images. I noticed them quite a while ago on a road ride, and again driving by. I've always assumed it was more like Steiner instead of being like Thumper. That is, you either have to live there or know someone to give you a tour. But I haven't seen any real information. 

13 hours ago, FJsnoozer said:

You can follow them on Instagram @komtrails

Thanks for that. Indeed I've been seeing KOM reference Santa Rita ranch on their Instagram, I just didn't put it together that this was what they were talking about. I wonder if they were involved in the original trails there, or if they're just adding/modifying what's been there? And with them involved, I have to think it's going to be accessible to the public in some way, instead of just the Santa Rita community. That's a lot time and money just for neighborhood exclusive trails.  

1 hour ago, Bamwa said:

Hey a good post from RA! You are doing it right buddy. There is hope!

(even tho this looks like .6 of distance and private)

Never too old to learn my stubborn uncle used to say.

Maybe one day I'll even learn to get over that curb without having to use my feet down technique.

• Haha 1