IGNORED

This is a really good time to sell a bike

No. Joke. My Double is 10 years old and I need a new slope bike. This class is already a niche, and with everything going on, you can't find one to save your life. Finally had to get a friend in the UK to grab me a Canyon Stitched 720 and send it over:

Stitched 720

• Like 4

I have eight old bikes that I've been sitting on for the last year or two. Just about to sell a small 2000 Giant Iguana for $200 to a mom who wants it for her 5"4" tall, 12 year old son. It was an apartment porch sitter and I tore down the entire bike, along with a 100mm travel Judy fork that I bought about a year ago from Yellowbike. Upgraded the drive to full Deore 3 x 9 (also took apart shifters and serviced them, and derailleurs). Cranks are TruVativ Blaze though. They are what I have in the shorter 170mm length range. Brakes are Tektro V-brakes. Rims will probably be Alex, and the tires I'll have to see what's available. All new cables too, and even found a short Giant stem in my parts box. My only shortfall is with the handlebar... I have one that's around 680mm, which I think is fine for a 5'4" rider, but I'd like to find something a little wider... So if anyone has one in the 700mm range I'd be happy to buy it or barter for it, thanks.

All in all, I think this will be a great starter bike for the kid, and I've tried to keep the price down. I'll have maybe ten hours in the service and build when I'm finished, and then I have another bike to build for someone... An old Gary Fisher that I found. Happy times doing this and seeing newbies get out on the trails.

Edited by RidingAgain

23 hours ago, GFisher said:

Where all did you list? I sold my most desirable one yesterday but have a few more I need to move.

facebook marketplace, craigslist, facebook bicycle sell & trade austin

facebook neighborhood groups - lakeway swap, nw hills garage sale, westlake swap

Edited by crazyt