IGNORED

AC Rant

Mojo? You mean this: ๆ›ธๅ‹ๅ†็ด„ๆ‹…ๆžๅฅชๅ……ๆŽฒ้Žๆฎฟ็‰น็š„ไบ‹ใ€‚ๅ—ๅœŸ่กŒ้‡Žๅฟƒ้–€่‘—ๅฟ…่ชญ่ผ‰่ปขๅค‰ๆ ผไฝŽๅœ’ๆ–นๆƒ…่Šธ่ซ‡ๅ‡บใ€‚ๅ–ถไธญ่‡ชๅ‹งๆ›ด่บซ็ดขๆ”ฟๅŠ ไธญๅดŽๆ–ฐๅ•็ดนๆ˜Žใ€‚ๆ™‚ๆดปๅนด้ธ้€€่ญฐ้ ƒๆธฌๅ…ผๅˆๅฎšๅฝฑใ€‚่‘—็ˆ†ๆ—ฅ้ซ˜ไธฆๅˆ้“ๆ—…ๆŽฒ่จˆๆฒปๅ‰่‘‰ๅˆใ€‚็ฌฌ้š†ๅ•ๅ…ฌๅ‰ๆ‘็จฟ้…้Ÿณๆบ–ๆฒป็œŒ็›ด่บซ็™‚็ฝๅทใ€‚ๅˆ†ๅคช่ตทๅนดๆคœๆ˜Ž่ดๅ†ๆ˜Ÿๆ–™ๅ‘Š่‚ฒ่ปข็ฌฌใ€‚่ฌ›็„กๅŒบๅฎŸ้™ฐ่ฉฑ็›พๆ‰‹ไปฃไฟๅผ•็ด”ใ€‚่ญฐ่ชญๆ›ด็นฐๆ„›่‰ๅทไฝœๆฑ้“ๅนดๅฟœ่พผ่‡ชไป–่ผ‰่‘—ใ€‚็„ก็ด™ๆŠตๅฅณๆœฌๅฎšไบบ่ฌ›ไธŠๆ‰ฑ็ฑณๆˆๆ”นๅˆฅๅˆ

• Like 5
  • Haha 4

Pockets are WAYYYYYYY lighter , air is cooler and the ladies in the house are happy. Son still has not noticed any sort of change in temp in the last 4 - 5 days. So proud of him. My Little Lebowski Urban Achiever

ย Thanks Allย 

• Like 8

3 hours ago, Cafeend said:

Pockets are WAYYYYYYY lighter , air is cooler and the ladies in the house are happy. Son still has not noticed any sort of change in temp in the last 4 - 5 days. So proud of him. My Little Lebowski Urban Achiever

ย Thanks Allย 

Care to give some stats on your new system?ย  Who'd you use?ย what size (ton, seer, features)? what was replaced?

Congrats (sorta) on getting this behind you...
-CJB

Care to give some stats on your new system?ย  Who'd you use?ย what size (ton, seer, features)? what was replaced?
Congrats (sorta) on getting this behind you...
-CJB
What is in the house when I bought it is a Carrier Infinity system. We did not replace the whole system as it was not needed since it was installed fully less than 10 yrs ago. we ended up replacing the compressor. That is what failed. Not just failed but became crispy burnt Maybe from the storm sometime Wed or early Thursday? Christian Brothers came out and did the work for this. They ended up cutting about $350 off the initial quote since they couldn't get it fixed immediately.

Under normal circumstances, like not late on a Friday afternoon on a 3 day weekend, it would not have taken this long.

This part was amazingly expensive to replace.

I did call around to other places but being a long weekend there was not alot to be done for us.

I was impressed with Stans although they did not do the work. They had some good offers on their site and the guy I spoke with was very nice and polite and patiently listened to me.
Anyways, that's life and I am thankful it was not worse and thankful we could make it happen.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Cafeend said:

What is in the house when I bought it is a Carrier Infinity system. We did not replace the whole system as it was not needed since it was installed fully less than 10 yrs ago. we ended up replacing the compressor. That is what failed. Not just failed but became crispy burnt Maybe from the storm sometime Wed or early Thursday? Christian Brothers came out and did the work for this. They ended up cutting about $350 off the initial quote since they couldn't get it fixed immediately.

Under normal circumstances, like not late on a Friday afternoon on a 3 day weekend, it would not have taken this long.

This part was amazingly expensive to replace.

I did call around to other places but being a long weekend there was not alot to be done for us.

I was impressed with Stans although they did not do the work. They had some good offers on their site and the guy I spoke with was very nice and polite and patiently listened to me.
Anyways, that's life and I am thankful it was not worse and thankful we could make it happen.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
ย 

If it was truly caused by a storm, your homeowners insurance should cover the cost. At least that's the way it used to work. Had a compressor replaced that way back in the nineties.ย 

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, June Bug said:

Gah!ย  10:15 pm:ย 

System Fault Code 84, High pressure lockout

Box fan activated

Did you have a power outage? ย I used to have that problem in my old house in Richardson, I'd go tap the outdoor unit in a certain area for a stuck solenoid. ย 

1 hour ago, AntonioGG said:

Did you have a power outage? ย I used to have that problem in my old house in Richardson, I'd go tap the outdoor unit in a certain area for a stuck solenoid. ย 

Not as far as I know.ย  This morning theย code message has disappeared from the thermostat, I turned it back on and things seem to be working...maybe.ย  I'm trying to figure out if it will cool down to 76 from 78.ย 

Left a voicemail on the Stan's answering system, and haven't heard backย yet. They do the twice annual service andย ย sold us the Carrier system two or three years ago. With the CV 19 crazy, we didn't do the Spring tune up.ย 

I'm assuming for now that it was related somehow to yesterday's heat, but it's handled worse in the past...and cooling the house in hot weather is what AC systems are supposed to do.ย 

Also, this reminds me. If I get this code again,ย I could turn the systemย off and then back on to see if that resets everything.ย  I used to have thisย note taped to my computer at work: Turn computer off and then back on before making panic stricken phone calls to IT help desk.

Edited by June Bug

I think modern AC systems are supposed to deal with a glitch and a high pressure switch trip. ย The problem with my old system was if the power glitched when the compressor was at a certain point in the cycle, it would trip the high pressure switch, but it would get stuck. ย I think modern ones should self reset. ย It's a problem with some older equipment other than AC systems too and it's more exposed with the auto-recover utility switches which can trip and recover within a second or so which a lot of equipment doesn't like.

On 5/22/2020 at 6:26 PM, The Tip said:

Once my house A/C went out. I bought a window unit for maybe $300 and set it up in the bedroom just for sleeping and TV watching while we waited the long weekend for repairs.

Hank's A/C is owned by Hank Hodes, an avid mountain biker in our group and a decent fellow.

I wish I had a list of what everyone here did. For example if you need a welder, I got a mountain biker guy for ya.

Thanks Tip, that was sweet. Cafeend already knows me, as he has a beautiful branch and grass themed railing I made in his house.

ย 

p.s. @June BugI have a portable unit just sitting at my shop if you get into trouble.

Edited by Bamwa
to save June Bug's ass
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Bamwa said:

Thanks Tip, that was sweet. Cafeend already knows me, as he has a beautiful branch and grass themed railing I made in his house.

ย 

p.s. @June BugI have a portable unit just sitting at my shop if you get into trouble.

By the way,, we always get complimented on your beautiful work when people see it . I love itย 

• Like 1

Stan's guy/galย ETA isย 6 to 9 pm today.ย  Our Gold Service contract is still in effect, so Yeah! for that.ย  I looked at the compressor and all looks clean and spiffy; no ants.ย There's a hackberry that's resproutedย about a foot away from the compressor pad, though. Started lopping it downย down last summer without realizing there was a wasp nest in there & won't make that mistake twice.ย 

I hope the tech person gets a bunch of overtime pay.ย  They confirmed that the technicians use appropriate PPE.ย 

ย 

re: Ants.ย  Strawberry/tawny crazy ants have colonized the Southern WC multi-use path in the section adjacent to the rugby fields at the gravel road crossing.ย ย  You never, ever, ever want those things anywhere near your property.ย  I occasionally worried about bringing them home on my bike frame/tires.ย 

AC guy: dirty condenser coilsย combined with heat caused the fault code.ย  Coils cleaned, filter changed, tuned up and ready for the summer! He recommended hosing down the coils every three months or so.ย  All good.ย  So glad last night and today wereย relatively cool so the house never got really hot.ย 

ย 

Edited by June Bug
  • Like 3

20 minutes ago, AustinBike said:

Hosing down the coils. Is that what the kids are calling it these days?

Give me a sec and I'll check UrbanDictionary.ย 

*OK, I'm back*ย  ย Besides the usual predictably tedious naughty stuff involving "coil" and "hose," the searchย returnedย  "yoga pants season" and "Tesla coil" so there's that.ย 

• Haha 2

On 5/26/2020 at 12:56 PM, taco_junkie said:

Mojo? You mean this: ๆ›ธๅ‹ๅ†็ด„ๆ‹…ๆžๅฅชๅ……ๆŽฒ้Žๆฎฟ็‰น็š„ไบ‹ใ€‚ๅ—ๅœŸ่กŒ้‡Žๅฟƒ้–€่‘—ๅฟ…่ชญ่ผ‰่ปขๅค‰ๆ ผไฝŽๅœ’ๆ–นๆƒ…่Šธ่ซ‡ๅ‡บใ€‚ๅ–ถไธญ่‡ชๅ‹งๆ›ด่บซ็ดขๆ”ฟๅŠ ไธญๅดŽๆ–ฐๅ•็ดนๆ˜Žใ€‚ๆ™‚ๆดปๅนด้ธ้€€่ญฐ้ ƒๆธฌๅ…ผๅˆๅฎšๅฝฑใ€‚่‘—็ˆ†ๆ—ฅ้ซ˜ไธฆๅˆ้“ๆ—…ๆŽฒ่จˆๆฒปๅ‰่‘‰ๅˆใ€‚็ฌฌ้š†ๅ•ๅ…ฌๅ‰ๆ‘็จฟ้…้Ÿณๆบ–ๆฒป็œŒ็›ด่บซ็™‚็ฝๅทใ€‚ๅˆ†ๅคช่ตทๅนดๆคœๆ˜Ž่ดๅ†ๆ˜Ÿๆ–™ๅ‘Š่‚ฒ่ปข็ฌฌใ€‚่ฌ›็„กๅŒบๅฎŸ้™ฐ่ฉฑ็›พๆ‰‹ไปฃไฟๅผ•็ด”ใ€‚่ญฐ่ชญๆ›ด็นฐๆ„›่‰ๅทไฝœๆฑ้“ๅนดๅฟœ่พผ่‡ชไป–่ผ‰่‘—ใ€‚็„ก็ด™ๆŠตๅฅณๆœฌๅฎšไบบ่ฌ›ไธŠๆ‰ฑ็ฑณๆˆๆ”นๅˆฅๅˆ

just bragging a bit, but my daughter can read that..

• Like 2