Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Picked a great weekend for the condenser on the house AC unit to explode and not be available to next week to replace

 

  • Sad 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Do you have an A/C guy working on it?

A company came out and looked awhile ago. They dont have the compressor or the condenser and said it will be sometime next week , maybe. But they will call us back when they can.

I describe myself as sticky and numb right now

 

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

 

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Cafeend said:

A company came out and looked awhile ago. They dont have the compressor or the condenser and said it will be sometime next week , maybe. But they will call us back when they can.

I describe myself as sticky and numb right now

 

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

 

 

 

Been there man. It sucks....

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well called a few places. 5ish on long weekend isnt primo timing. All told me they will send someone next week. I'm going to pick up my trailer and use that for the family. It is what it is.


Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Once my house A/C went out. I bought a window unit for maybe $300 and set it up in the bedroom just for sleeping and TV watching while we waited the long weekend for repairs.

Hank's A/C is owned by Hank Hodes, an avid mountain biker in our group and a decent fellow.

I wish I had a list of what everyone here did. For example if you need a welder, I got a mountain biker guy for ya.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AustinBike said:

We use Stan’s, the old Strand Brothers. Been honest and awesome for us.

Been a Strand Bros then Stan's customer for 20 years.  Consistently reliable. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Call Hank's AC. Great guy. Does good work.

Call me if you want to borrow I window unit. It won't keep you whole house cool but it may keep a bedroom of living room cool so you can sleep.

I will PM you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Contact Hank’s. As Carl said, he’s a fellow mountain biker and an overall good dude. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, The Tip said:

 

I wish I had a list of what everyone here did. For example if you need a welder, I got a mountain biker guy for ya.

Networking analyst and writer.

I can help you if your network is not working or if you need to conjugate gerunds. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, AustinBike said:

Networking analyst and writer.

I can help you if your network is not working or if you need to conjugate gerunds. 

This is so weird that you posted this. I was just talking with my wife this morning saying I wish I could find someone to help me conjugate some gerunds.

Edited by The Tip

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank very much. I will call Hank today.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, Cafeend said:

Picked a great weekend for the condenser on the house AC unit to explode and not be available to next week to replace

 

A/C always craps out as soon as it starts getting hot. Went through this about three years ago. Replaced whole unit. I used Strand brothers they did a great job A/C went out on a Friday they had a crew come replace it on Sunday. I am now on a service program, consistent service will give you the most from your unit. Contract is like $150 a year free emergency service calls and twice a year tune up.

Edited by Chief
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've already started cleaning the drain line. 

We had an incident awhile back with the old AC where the AC drain line became clogged with algae, overflowed and ruined part of the carpet in Mr. JB's office. 

Stan's put in a sensor that shuts everything down and prevents overflow.

Even with that, I treat the drain line every two or three weeks by pouring a cup of vinegar into the line, followed by two cups of hot water.  

Funny thing: We also have the Stan's service contract.  When we got our new AC a few years ago, we got a nice new programmable thermostat, which I still have not gotten around to programming.  During the installation, I asked the technician about programming it;  he laughed and said he'd never programmed his home thermostat either.  He just adjusted as needed, which I've discovered works pretty well. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We have American Home Shield that covers our AC along with all other appliances. We've already had to use it on other appliances, and I gotta say, it's been very convenient. A bit expensive, and I'm sure would have paid less to just get new appliances each time they fail, but it's sure nice to just get online, open a service request and literally within a couple of hours had service crews out and either fixed or replaced the failure for $120. Our neighbor had their AC unit covered under AHS, and the contractor ended up replacing everything, and it cost the homeowner $120 for the call.

I bought this home new in 2007 (DR Horton) and figure that everything in the house that I haven't already replaced is about to fail. This includes the AC unit.

Yeah, I know, in the end, I will probably pay more overall, but I don't want to hear my wife and beagles complain about the AC being out 🙂

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, June Bug said:

Funny thing: We also have the Stan's service contract.  When we got our new AC a few years ago, we got a nice new programmable thermostat, which I still have not gotten around to programming.  During the installation, I asked the technician about programming it;  he laughed and said he'd never programmed his home thermostat either.  He just adjusted as needed, which I've discovered works pretty well. 

Take advantage of the programming for some energy savings.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Yosmithy said:

We have American Home Shield that covers our AC along with all other appliances. We've already had to use it on other appliances, and I gotta say, it's been very convenient. A bit expensive, and I'm sure would have paid less to just get new appliances each time they fail, but it's sure nice to just get online, open a service request and literally within a couple of hours had service crews out and either fixed or replaced the failure for $120. Our neighbor had their AC unit covered under AHS, and the contractor ended up replacing everything, and it cost the homeowner $120 for the call.

I bought this home new in 2007 (DR Horton) and figure that everything in the house that I haven't already replaced is about to fail. This includes the AC unit.

Yeah, I know, in the end, I will probably pay more overall, but I don't want to hear my wife and beagles complain about the AC being out 🙂

Same here. Bought a 40 y/o house with a 17 y/o A/C system. House came with the obligatory 1yr warranty, this one through Old Republic and we've renewed it every year. It has been more than worth the $800 renewal and $75 service fees, and ORHW has actually been pretty good to work with. If they can't source the part, they just replace the appliance and in a house this old, it's basically free upgrades any time something goes out. If i'm not happy with what unit they sourced as a replacement, they'll send me a check and I can go buy the appliance myself, send them the receipt and they'll honor the warranty on the product I bought.

Just did the condenser fan in March and the repair guy drove down from Dallas, on a Saturday, and during a pandemic to replace it. Money well spent.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Cafeend said:

Thank very much. I will call Hank today.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
 

You in need of a temp A/C unit?

I have a portable we used when flipping houses.

Itll keep a room relatively cool.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/22/2020 at 3:11 PM, Cafeend said:

Picked a great weekend for the condenser on the house AC unit to explode and not be available to next week to replace

 

Apparently misery loves company. Mine went out yesterday evening. Going to be fun holiday weekend for us as well.........

Oh, and the rant. F@ck these meteorologist. Promised rain the last three days and nothing but sun & heat. In what profession can you be consistently wrong on a DAILY basis and keep your f@cking job? 

 

 

IMG_20200524_142445909.jpg

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OMan!
Right. Woke this AM and saw sun. Fu#k me is all I said.
Well good luck. Hope it is something easy and cheap for yall. I've been flabbergasted by the people who have reached out with various offers. Blown away and touched

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cafeend said:

. I've been flabbergasted by the people who have reached out with various offers. Blown away and touched

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
 

Good community for sure!

Oh and my PC went out today and I'm on a backup circa 2010. Keep the party going.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, ATXZJ said:

Oh and my PC went out today and I'm on a backup circa 2010. Keep the party going.

Last week:

1) The check engine light was triggered by rodents chewing up three wiring harnesses. 

2) Chromebook died when the earbud plug touched the USB port,  which is about a 16th of an inch from the audio jack. With a new Chromebook, you log in and it has all your stuff, just like the old Chromebook, which is simultaneously totally comforting (awww, my stuff!) and deeply creepy (they have MY STUFF!)

On a positive note, we got our wills done, that landscaping project is almost finished and we don't have The 'Rona. 

Y'all stay well and cool (to the extent possible).  

 

 

Edited by June Bug
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
44 minutes ago, June Bug said:

Last week:

1) The check engine light was triggered by rodents chewing up three wiring harnesses. 

2) Chromebook died when the earbud plug touched the USB port,  which is about a 16th of an inch from the audio jack. With a new Chromebook, you log in and it has all your stuff, just like the old Chromebook, which is simultaneously totally comforting (awww, my stuff!) and deeply creepy (they have MY STUFF!)

On a positive note, we got our wills done, that landscaping project is almost finished and we don't have The 'Rona. 

Y'all stay well and cool (to the extent possible).  

 

 

Okay, I feel better. 😊

Edited by ATXZJ
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...