IGNORED

FR512 Rocky Hill conditions

Me and a buddy are thinking about heading out there Saturday morning but I'm wondering about riding conditions out there.  I know the soil is pretty sandy there so theoretically it should dry out quickly but I thought I'd see if anyone had first-hand experience.

• 3 months later...

I fell off the map. Started spending quality time riding the moto. Though, I am in Taos as I write (with a couple of blue toes from a rock strike on today's MTB ride) and will be headed to Pagosa Springs on Monday for a few days at a friend of the missus' home, which is located in the middle of a trail system there.

Haven't been out to RHR in months, mostly due to the heat, and other projects, as well as any spare time being spent tearing up unpaved roads on the Triumph Tiger 800XC.

BTW, at this moment it is below 70F outside and will be 50F when I wake up tomorrow. For reference, on the dash temp at highway speed in the van I saw 113 at one point and never less than 104F while crossing West Texas to get here.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Ridenfool said:

I fell off the map. Started spending quality time riding the moto. Though, I am in Taos as I write (with a couple of blue toes from a rock strike on today's MTB ride) and will be headed to Pagosa Springs on Monday for a few days at a friend of the missus' home, which is located in the middle of a trail system there.

Haven't been out to RHR in months, mostly due to the heat, and other projects, as well as any spare time being spent tearing up unpaved roads on the Triumph Tiger 800XC.

BTW, at this moment it is below 70F outside and will be 50F when I wake up tomorrow. For reference, on the dash temp at highway speed in the van I saw 113 at one point and never less than 104F while crossing West Texas to get here.

Great to hear from you buddy! I rode through June, had 5 rides in July, and 0 in August. I've got all the exercise equipment I need indoors; so for me it just hasn't been worth riding in the heat. Looking forward to getting back out in a the next few weeks though as we should start to see some cooler / crisper mornings at least.  

• Like 3