IGNORED

RIP Bandera Bike Park

I am glad to have been once. Good stuff. But this has to be devastating for those who put countless hours into the trails, and for the locals who regularly enjoyed the park.  And the upcoming race series, which I have to assume is canceled--or will have to be relocated. 

Covid casualty?  Something else?? Their FB posts went from curious to ominous to bad over about a month. 

Screenshot_20200601-162642_Facebook.jpg

Edited by Barry
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Is it me or did it really feel like it was a long way from Austin? It seemed like it was closer to Houston so I was hoping they would travel for some good riding. They had to get the San Antonio scene to step up because all the Dallas riders were going to Spider Mountain.

Sadly, I never made it out there. I was hoping the pandemic would relax and I was planning on checking it out with one of the Victory racing events. I snoozed, I lost.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12 hours ago, Tree Magnet said:

Is it me or did it really feel like it was a long way from Austin? It seemed like it was closer to Houston so I was hoping they would travel for some good riding. They had to get the San Antonio scene to step up because all the Dallas riders were going to Spider Mountain.

Sadly, I never made it out there. I was hoping the pandemic would relax and I was planning on checking it out with one of the Victory racing events. I snoozed, I lost.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nope, Bandera is west, not east so it is definitely not closer to Houston.

The problem with Bandera is (for Austin) that it was 2 hours away, and Spider is 1 hour. Half the distance with a chair lift vs. twice the distance with a shuttle. I'd rather wait in a lift line where you can see progress being made than waiting on a shuttle that you may/may not get on in the next round.

My guess is that COVID has put a crimp in everyone's plans, and if you were already operating in the margins, you're gonna get squeezed.

Was looking forward to the next shuttle race at the end of the month.  I loved the tree jump, jump line and some of the chunky stuff at the top.  As others mentioned lots of potential but not a real convenient location and Spider is closer.