IGNORED

Great Little No Pressure Drops Tutorial...

Thanks for the video! I've always wanted to do drops and have sort of pretended by just rolling down some steep 4ish feet drops that aren't really drops. I watched the videos above last night and decided to just go for it. Went out to Christ Church this morning and after riding the trails pulled out the GoPro and got some video of my first attempts at real drops. Don't think I did too bad for my first session. Some felt pretty smooth, others not so much. Any tips are appreciated!

Edited by quixoft
  • Like 3

20 hours ago, quixoft said:

Thanks for the video! I've always wanted to do drops and have sort of pretended by just rolling down some steep 4ish feet drops that aren't really drops. I watched the videos above last night and decided to just go for it. Went out to Christ Church this morning and after riding the trails pulled out the GoPro and got some video of my first attempts at real drops. Don't think I did too bad for my first session. Some felt pretty smooth, others not so much. Any tips are appreciated!

I notice that there seems to be a little forward pull on his body as the front of the bike heads down to the ground — on the higher drop. This I know can be a bit disconcerting for the rider. How do you counter it happening?

Edited by RidingAgain

@circuitbreaker coached me when we've ridden together,  then I practiced on those tiny little jumps (4"?) behind Peddlers getting it all wrong until I finally nailed it and it made sense to me.  I don't know if this is where the term originated, but when people say "send it" I'm thinking of sending the bike before me.  As @crazyt mentioned, I just push the bars (and the bike) forward while my body stops moving for a fraction of a second (Newton's laws FTW!).  I'm still really nervous on anything bigger so  built a 12" drop in my backyard and I've done the little loop 57 times in 1 hour and still got the timing wrong a handful of times, but with a small drop, worst case is rolling it.  I need to build something bigger so I can practice like this.