IGNORED

But it came with the bike!

TheX

The RockShox Reverb Stealth is awesome they said...

Hydraulic is great for a dropper they said...

Just service it, and adjust it, and it will be great they said...

They lied, it sucks. I tried everything, including full service. Today, it just quit working. Seat stuck all the way at the bottom. What are the best droppers for 2020? I need a cable, no more hydraulics. The new generation of the Reverb stealth is supposed to resolve these issues, but I really hate this thing now.

Edited by TheX
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TheX said:

They lied, it sucks. I tried everything, including full service. Today, it just quit working. Seat stuck all the way at the bottom. What are the best droppers for 2020? I need a cable, no more hydraulics. The new generation of the Reverb stealth is supposed to resolve these issues, but I really hate this thing now.

PNW or OneUp from my recent research. I did have a fox transfer on my previous bike and it worked flawlessly, but they’re a premium priced product. I’m currently waiting for a 31.6 180mm OneUp to come back in stock. 

Edited by bestbike85
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TheX said:

Get this. A reverb is just a regular dropper post that's actuated by hydraulic which seems pretty unnecessary. Once this is installed it's now a regular dropper post. No more bleeding and leaking.

https://www.wolftoothcomponents.com/products/remote-sustain-for-rockshox-reverb?_pos=1&_sid=e5402081e&_ss=r

• Like 3

unfortunatly, i think this is just life with droppers. they all fail eventually, and since the prices have come down, its not really worth rebuilding. I will say, i use my dropper more than i would guess most do. If i'm out of the saddle, its down. i cycle it at least 40 times per ride.

I just bought a 170mm PNW Bachelor and am happy so far.

had a pretty poor experience with a brand new KS Lev. eventually they replaced it, but i sold that bike.

I have gone through a couple Reverbs, i do actually like the return and feel of the Reverb best so far, and this last one has been working great for over two years. a bleed and adding air can do wonders on the reverbs.

also had a first gen oneup that i got on a used bike, it never worked that great. It feels very similar to the Bachelor.

My experience on KS is that they work great for 6 months and then they need service. After service they work ~80%, meaning that they drop and sometimes don't come back up again. They have a 2 year warranty and I have sent two different droppers back. They do take care of it, but they are off your bike during warranty work.

The PNWs were rock solid. If I ever get rid of the Lev on my SS I would go with a PNW. The squishy has a RaceFace Aeffect dropper and that has been fine, but the bike has been hanging in the garage for a couple of months 😞

21 hours ago, chuckt said:

I just replaced my Fox Transfer with a 9point8 Fall line. Between the Fox, KS LEV the 9point8 I’ve ridden, the latter is the best.

Curious why you replaced the Fox Transfer. Thought those were good droppers, albeit expensive. Was it giving you trouble? 

5 minutes ago, TheX said:

I bought the KS for a stupid good price. It will work while I wait for the BikeYoke that I really want to be back in stock.

X2 on bikeyoke.

My buddy has broken nearly every component on his sentinel except that dropper. It's been flawless

I have a PNW Cascade and now a PNW Bachelor that I’ve been pretty happy with. No issues, but I have had to service the cascade after a year. NBD.

I do really like the OneUp droppers though from a low collar stack height advantage. You can fit a longer travel post on your bike with a OneUp.

The Bike Yoke posts get great reviews and look pretty awesome but they’re $$ compared to PNW and OneUp.

No matter which post you get though...actuate it with a PNW Loam Lever. You won’t regret it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Teamsloan said:

I have a PNW Cascade and now a PNW Bachelor that I’ve been pretty happy with. No issues, but I have had to service the cascade after a year. NBD.

I do really like the OneUp droppers though from a low collar stack height advantage. You can fit a longer travel post on your bike with a OneUp.

The Bike Yoke posts get great reviews and look pretty awesome but they’re $$ compared to PNW and OneUp.

No matter which post you get though...actuate it with a PNW Loam Lever. You won’t regret it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The new Gen3 Rainier looks promising. Might be a toss up between that one and a oneup to replace the absolutely awful raceface turbine (9point8 clone) on my wifes bike.

The oneup v1 allows you to add some travel but not as much as v2.

IMG_20200614_110939838.jpg

125mm RF Turbine

IMG_20200614_111030024.jpg

125mm Oneup V1

IMG_20200614_111050603.jpg

120mm BrandX

Edited by ATXZJ