IGNORED

"nadge" neoquialism for CenTX trails

I don't know who started using this term first, but the video channel calls a ride or trail that is "slow, unforgiving and brutal on the body" a nadge. I'll take it. this is always my favorite stuff to ride. I know of a few good segments in SATN that are this kind of fun, and I feel like most of BCGB has these qualities. what are you favorite nadge trails, spots, and segments in Austin?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

38 minutes ago, mack_turtle said:

I think "gnar" usually applies to high-speed downhill terrain. 

To me "gnar" is less about high speed downhill and more about technical, high-penalty-for-failure terrain.  Think coral sharp edged rocks or exposure or drops to drops with sketchy pebbles on the landing.

On 6/15/2020 at 1:49 PM, GFisher said:

Keep it legal please kids! 😉

I'm not saying a word. We have lost enough of my favorite trails.

But if I were to say something - City Park. Emma will get ya!

Edited by cxagent

On 6/15/2020 at 1:37 PM, mack_turtle said:

I don't know who started using this term first, but the video channel calls a ride or trail that is "slow, unforgiving and brutal on the body" a nadge. I'll take it. this is always my favorite stuff to ride. I know of a few good segments in SATN that are this kind of fun, and I feel like most of BCGB has these qualities. what are you favorite nadge trails, spots, and segments in Austin?

Man thanks for sharing! Only 2 vids posted so far but those are really high-quality edits and I'm subscribed now looking for more to come. Both the vid and term Nadge reminded me of one of my fav You Tubers - Pat Smage. Ya know .... Smage can Nadge for sure. 

• Like 2