IGNORED

Is this bad? (Fox Float possible internal damage)

notyal

Doing the basic air can service and I think this “C” shaped piece on the paper towel in the pic flew out when I did the final push to get the shaft out. Upon inspection, it looks like that piece above the flat silver washer is breaking. I went ahead and reassembled, added pressure, and bounced around in the street. It feels good, but I’m still worried.

cb87125dfbe2d05afdb3d0b0a145cb25.jpg

de2285f8fdbdbb7dc22e2310dc4a6aca.jpg

I'm no expert, but it looks like this is bad. I would not ride it.
I have a Pike (should be ~130 or 140mm) if you need to borrow one while yours is in for repairs.

I appreciate the loaner offer. Unfortunately this is the rear shock and has a proprietary mounting yoke. (Thanks Specialized)

What are the C piece that came off and the other part left on the shaft made of?

Since this is on the air sleeve and the seals are under the silver washer, I can only see 2 possible functions for this:  if it's rubber it's a bump stop.  If it's hard plastic, it's a volume reducer.  If it's aluminum, I really have no idea.

• Like 1

So apparently it's a bump stop. I must have bottomed out too hard and broke it. 

Just one more thing to add to the list of things I need to keep this bike running. It really sucks watching your loved ones grow old.

That just means that you sent it! Badge of honor my friend. Sucks when things break but when they break doing cool stuff, it doesn’t hurt nearly as bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1