IGNORED

Saharan Dust

35 minutes ago, ATXZJ said:

As I recall those tunnels were corrugated metal and you couldn't skate(?) We traveled all around san antonio and surrounding areas looking for the best spots to ride. 

I spent every spare minute of my time in San Antonio (2004-2010) riding BMX and shooting photos. we spent a lot of time exploring ditches, including that pipe:

worthpipelo.jpg.8e5c7d8c308d954dd804775a69e5e362.jpg

downtown someplace:

dannyboost.jpg.1196069e9b947ee319c8236f828b784e.jpg

somewhere near 410 & Bandera:

dumpster.jpg.c2cfb2d594e7a7482842e91ea9801d83.jpg

Bandera & Guilbeau area:

rik-wall.jpg.17c6bcf71b49555a7d1f68f762f75d1c.jpg

under I-10 at Huebner:

rikheubnerwalllo.jpg.25eece0e3169563f8b6ddc50aec7cd8f.jpg

If I still lived in SA I would still be riding a BMX bike. there is some fun terrain around Austin but San Antonio ditches are waaaaaay better.

Edited by mack_turtle
  • Like 7

5 hours ago, mack_turtle said:

I spent every spare minute of my time in San Antonio (2004-2010) riding BMX and shooting photos. we spent a lot of time exploring ditches, including that pipe:

worthpipelo.jpg.8e5c7d8c308d954dd804775a69e5e362.jpg

Yep, we were in there all the time.  You could 'sorta' skate it, but the transition was too tight and the ridges prevent traveling much distance.  But we did hang out deep inside there all the time.  A few years back, me and my boys were coming back to HP from riding bikes at McAllister.  As I passed by the back entrance to the tunnels (off Thousand Oaks), I turned in and took all my boys pretty deep into the tunnel system.  All the way to the big room where the tunnels all converged.  They thought it was spooky cool.  Just the other day, my mom sent me this article that they'd recently cleared out a HUGE homeless camp inside the same tunnels/room area.

https://foxsanantonio.com/news/local/massive-homeless-camp-discovered-in-tunnels-leading-under-highway-281

Later,
CJB

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, AntonioGG said:

Did y'all go eat at Sombrero Rosa?  I think the owner was a relative of the Taco Cabana family.  It was there or Mr. Gatis for us for lunch once we were allowed to leave HS for lunch.

We called it Sombro. Good cheap food!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AntonioGG said:

Did y'all go eat at Sombrero Rosa?  I think the owner was a relative of the Taco Cabana family.  It was there or Mr. Gatis for us for lunch once we were allowed to leave HS for lunch.

one or twice. i just remember all the lights on it.....

palapas was our king

• Like 1