IGNORED

Is WC open?

Went there yesterday and there was sign at the entrance that said it was closed, but people were there. I went home, don't want to be part of the problem.

Visited PARD website and it said some parks are remaining closed, but couldn't verify if WC was one of them. 

Any insight?

there's a Facebook group where people report trail conditions and someone reported being approached by Austin Park rangers in BCGB and being asked to leave. I suspect all the main city parks are closed to riding. there are places we can still ride, but let's not push our luck.

Walnut is open.  BCGB is closed. 

https://austintexas.gov/page/pard-facilities-closures

All in-person programming for the month of July will be suspended including sports and fitness programming, summer camps, and cultural programming. In addition, the Barton Creek and Bull Creek greenbelts will remain closed. Parks will remain open; however, all amenities (e.g. volleyball courts, tennis courts, playgrounds, disc golf courses, etc) will be closed except for restrooms and water fountains.

City of Austin parks and trails (except for those listed above) will remain open; however, rules regarding mask use and social distancing continue to apply. PARD Rangers will continue to patrol parks and help educate park uses for voluntary compliance. 

Edited by crane

I wonder if the sign was just for any/all of the amenities for WC? I know most pools/pavilions/playgrounds/water fountains may be closed. I did see the whole BCGB 360 parking area closed off as well as the trailhead at the Mopac turnaround. I had been thinking it was just for the 4th weekend.