IGNORED

2018 EB

TAF

Well, we just can't win - it's raining now, and looks like more heading our way. Sorry, folks - we're gonna cancel this one - it wouldn't be a fun day out. Stay tuned for more shenanigans from the EB team!

If anyone rides the full EB over the next few months, and can supply a gpx track, you'll get stickers and goodies.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, TAF said:

Well, we just can't win - it's raining now, and looks like more heading our way. Sorry, folks - we're gonna cancel this one - it wouldn't be a fun day out. Stay tuned for more shenanigans from the EB team!

If anyone rides the full EB over the next few months, and can supply a gpx track, you'll get stickers and goodies.

Can vouch for stickers and goodies in the mail.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/11/2019 at 7:07 PM, TAF said:

I live along the route, between BCGB and City Park, do I need to start at WC and run it in normal order, or can I start at 360 and Courtyard as long as i finish the loop?

When @Hakalugi and I did it, we both started ~1/2 through the GB (both on SS as well). I think the only thing about the ride that's particularly hard is Thumper and, with all the rain we've had it's gonna be a booger slick nightmare. I think Thumper will prevail no matter when you hit it over the ride. 

I too, would allow it. 

Good points Thad.  Given whats been going on this year (with the EB) I don't think starting point is really all that big of deal.  Matt, I was just mentioning driving to WC to start just so that you can keep the regular rhythm (from your past experience).  Getting 'credit' for a 2018'ish EB completion shouldn't really matter starting point IMHO.  Now if we were talking the actually day of the event, that may be different.

As a side bar, I too have been contemplating adding a near-term EB ride to my calendar.  But I'm contemplating resurrecting my cRaZy plan from earlier last summer.

• Like 1

On 2/1/2019 at 11:29 AM, Mattlikesbikes said:

I live along the route, between BCGB and City Park, do I need to start at WC and run it in normal order, or can I start at 360 and Courtyard as long as i finish the loop?

Yup - start and finish anywhere you like on an ITT - we'll send you a sticker or three when you post your ride up! There could even be some shirts ...