IGNORED

Emma Long (City Park) Trail Conditions

Albert

• 1 year later...

Heads up...Park has been closed (access gate locked) for trail cleanup following this past ice storm.  Myself and a few others will be out there tomorrow and hopefully have things back up and running in a day or two.

Decided to get a head start this afternoon / evening.  Mostly handsaw work.  Though I did decide this would be a good stopping point for the evening, just short of the 1st mile marker.  

AA51D8AC-15A0-44A0-A8E3-DEE68BC02D22.jpeg

Edited by zrx24
  • Like 1

Emma Long Main Loop Direction Change (CW to CCW)

It has been four years since the last direction change and I just received the green light from PARD to swap the Main Loop direction.  This weekend the park will be closed for a Trials Competition, so I'm thinking this might be a good time to jump on swapping signage around.  I'm tied up Saturday but can jump on swapping signage in the parking area on Sunday, then attack the tree hangers and sign post markers thereafter during the week.  So come Monday, plan on the trail being CCW direction (starting at the south end of the parking area).

Spread the word! 🙂

76A8BE72-7D65-400C-9ED6-34D1E3290AC6.jpeg

Edited by zrx24

I think when I first moved here in 1997, the trail was in the Clockwise direction, as I remember the last thing we always rode was the trail above the cliff that dumps into the parking lot.  And of course this is how I've most recently ridden it (although not in the last two years).  Will be curious to see how it rides in the CCW direction again.

• 2 months later...

Finally got a chance to get out and ride since the switch back to CCW. It's hike-a-bike for me on many of the climbs going either direction, but I definitely enjoy the overall flow and fun going CCW. The trail was dry and dusty Sunday morning despite any recent rains. The relative humidity must have been near 100% as we were picking up mist during portions of our only lap. Still, was worth getting out.