IGNORED

Emma Long (City Park) Trail Conditions

Albert

Rode Emma last eve. Wet in many areas, water running through parts, a few mud bogs, several sizeable puddles. Gouged and rutted as it has been in recent years. This place used to dry first. I heard Walnut was good yesterday. Things change.

16 minutes ago, natas1321 said:

Want to ride city park tomorrow, are conditions favorable not to sure on how much rain you got that way.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

A couple of springs still running, but otherwise good riding.  👍

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Rode Emma Long for the third time since the direction change this week, and i have to say the trail seems to be riding really well. While there are still some issues with puddles and erosion, it is way better than pre-direction change. Most of the climbs are manageable and are being maintained well. they've added little catch berms at the bottom of most of the dh sections, and those are pretty magical. 

Kudos to the trail builders. it will be interesting to see how long before the next direction change.

Thanks for the trail report!  I also prefer it in this direction, which I think is how it was initially setup when I moved to Austin in 1997.  I've only ridden it once like this since the change, but need to go out and ride it some more.  🙂

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm not sure if or how this applies to the trails, but: 

Starting Thursday, May 14, park patrons will be required to obtain day passes for Emma Long Metropolitan Park, Commons Ford Ranch Metropolitan Park, and Walter E. Long Metropolitan Park via an online registration system. A limited number of passes will be available per day. No entry will be granted without a pass. Regular entry fees apply for Emma Long and Walter E. Long parks. 

I don't know if this affects the moto/bike trails, or just the picnic and swimming area. The press release doesn't offer more clarity either. 

4 hours ago, Barry said:

I'm not sure if or how this applies to the trails, but: 

I don't know if this affects the moto/bike trails, or just the picnic and swimming area. The press release doesn't offer more clarity either. 

I bet it's the picnic swimming area only, because I'm sure that's been super crowded lately.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
On 12/31/2021 at 7:20 AM, AustinBike said:

Did two laps out at city park yesterday. Despite the cedar pollen it was a great day. I forget how much I like the challenge, even though I went through way too many failed attempts on getting up ledges. Down is never an issue but I was just not feeling it on the ups.

my arms were sore for a few days! so much "rowing".