IGNORED

local cycling industry directory

If you've got money to spend, what the regional cycling-related industries that deserve your $$? Bike shop recommendations are obvious, but what other things put money directly into the pockets of local industrious, creative folks who make cool stuff that makes us want to ride? here are the first that come to mind for me.

Chumba—locally manufactured, drool-worthy frames in all flavors: XC, trail, fat, gravel, and road

Dirt Components—wheels and wheel parts

Rothera—caps! you can't have too many cycling caps. they make masks now too.

13 hours ago, Shinerider said:

Wait, is this like PC Parts Picker except for bikes?  Very kool.  🙃

It is indeed super kool.

3 hours ago, Ericbike6 said:

I would rather use tubes, then this product!!!

Had a bad experience with one of their salesmen years ago.

That's too bad. I've used their sealant for years. Love the endurance formula.

35 minutes ago, mack_turtle said:

What is True Fabrications now?

As one of the former founders who had to split for family/life reasons,  I can say that I'm not exactly sure.  But here is what I do know:

I last spoke with Clark (the current owner and co-founder) about 1 year ago.  He said they he was still building bikes and was carrying the usual 5-7 mo wait list timeline.  At that time he said much of the orders were coming from way out of region (some even over in the UK) for all-road and commuter type bikes.  He did inform me that he was in the latter stages of a home remodel and was about to move into re-doing the garage (where TF was always housed).  His plan was to complete the wait list production frames in the queue then he would be turning off production for a while to revamp the shop/garage.  That was the last time I spoke with him and had been over to the shop.

So in summary, last I was aware they were still making bikes, but may have put things on hold to remodel.  I do know the website is way out of date, but I think that was on purpose because Clark didn't want to be overwhelmed with too many orders and too long of a wait list.  

Later,
CJB

Edited by CBaron
  • Like 1