IGNORED

Brazen Bike Theft Seems to be on The Rise Again...

Read about someone who lost his bike today. Went into a restaurant after riding, had bike inside his locked car. The thief broke a window and stole the bike. Kind of sounds like he was followed from the trail.

Be careful... Lock up your bike well... Park where you can keep an eye on it if possible.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

52 minutes ago, mack_turtle said:

does one anecdotal example constitute this kind of thing "on the rise"? maybe it is, maybe it's the same, maybe it's going down. regardless, don't forget to stay vigilant about bike theft. that reminds me, I need to go lock up my bike in the garage.

I am often reminded that one data point does not make a trend. 

On 8/3/2020 at 12:39 PM, mack_turtle said:

does one anecdotal example constitute this kind of thing "on the rise"? maybe it is, maybe it's the same, maybe it's going down. regardless, don't forget to stay vigilant about bike theft. that reminds me, I need to go lock up my bike in the garage.

This is one example of about four I've read about in the past few weeks.

Let's just hope that while you consider the nuances of English grammar usage/application, and AustinBike reminisces of what data quantity makes a trend... You'd both be wise enough to keep your bikes safe from marauding thieves.

Edited by RidingAgain
  • Like 1

Anything Corona related is cursed right now. There are two of those restaurant one by Anderson Mill and one by Brushy. I wonder which one. If Brushy that indeed may have been a follow and the thieves used deception to double down on their picnic of a plan. They should have taken a mulligan or a bite from Mittens.

Edited by Bamwa
  • Haha 2