IGNORED

Trade for a 27.5+ wheelset

csmceuen

So I am hoping to trade my current 29" boost wheelset for a spare boost 27.5+ wheelset. I have been riding this wheelset for a few months now on my hardtail and I was hoping to start running a plus wheel just to see how it goes. The wheelset I have is a 2018 Sunringle Charger Comp that was a takeoff from a build I bought. I am hoping someone here has a cheaper takeoff that they would be willing to trade to try out a 29" wheel on your plus bike. 

The 29 wheelset will come with a tubeless setup. DHF front and and Ardent rear, but I would be willing to throw in a nearly brand new set of Onza Ibex skinwalls as well if you would like.

Ultimate goal is to build a new beefy wheelset for this bike, but I want to give 27.5+ a shot for a few months to know which route I would like to go.

I've got a set of 27.5 I haven't found a use for. Mismatch set, XT and DT Swiss. Could work for you for a tester set. They didn't look used from what I remember. 

Nevermind, I don't think mine is boost.

Stupid new standards. 

Edited by 512
friggin boost

This is something I did earlier this year and so far am pleased with the change to 27.5+ as the traction and overall handling is much improved, particularly in the technical stuff. I do notice a slight difference on the climbs, but am getting used to it and would not go back. Running 3.0 front and rear, though I could probably go skinnier on the back. I'm not a fan of clicky/noisy rear hubs (most people like that sort of thing it seems), but other than that the wheels are doing the job nicely.

The wheelset I found are the Spank Oozy Trail 395+, purchased from JensonUSA during a sale.

This might be a backup plan if you can apply one of Jenson's discount codes, or, can find the set on sale somewhere.

On 10/5/2018 at 3:30 PM, Shinerider said:

Yeah saw these and got ready to email, but then I noticed quick release...

Edit: Decide to email anyhow. That is a great price for a just the rims even. Ill just re-lace the rear hub. Maybe even a single speed specific one. That would be sweet. Thanks for renewing my interest in these and making me look at them again.

Edited by csmceuen

27 minutes ago, AntonioGG said:

Some hubs have the option of just replacing the axle for a thru axle.  You may not have to re-lace.

Yeah...I briefly looked, but have not found anything yet for this hub. It is a formula hub not one of the nicer brands that would have that as an option.