IGNORED

WTF is wrong with people?

notyal

Three sundays ago I picked up 13 Michelob Infusions bottle caps. Two sundays ago, I picked up 14 Busch cans. This sunday, 16 more Michelob Infusions bottle caps. This is all at the same BCGB trailhead, in a nice neighborhood. It is a pretty popular place to park for MTB, hikers, and runners, but you don't see many of the swimmer/partiers out there, so I'm thinking this is one of us. Don't get me wrong, I picked these up while drinking beer after a ride, but take your fucking trash with you or no one will be allowed to park there!!!

So if you see someone hammering Michelob Infusions at the trailhead, kick him in the nuts once for drinking Michelob Infusions and again for leaving his shit for the rest of us to clean up. 

IMG_1106.jpg

• Like 9

25 minutes ago, notyal said:

Three sundays ago I picked up 13 Michelob Infusions bottle caps. Two sundays ago, I picked up 14 Busch cans. This sunday, 16 more Michelob Infusions bottle caps. This is all at the same BCGB trailhead, in a nice neighborhood. It is a pretty popular place to park for MTB, hikers, and runners, but you don't see many of the swimmer/partiers out there, so I'm thinking this is one of us. Don't get me wrong, I picked these up while drinking beer after a ride, but take your fucking trash with you or no one will be allowed to park there!!!

So if you see someone hammering Michelob Infusions at the trailhead, kick him in the nuts once for drinking Michelob Infusions and again for leaving his shit for the rest of us to clean up. 

IMG_1106.jpg

Most likely teens that are partying at night so you would be unlikely to run into them.

4 minutes ago, crazyt said:

Most likely teens that are partying at night so you would be unlikely to run into them.

No, not here. This is someone who doesn't care if they are seen drinking on the curb of a very active street. It's not a parking lot or park, just a residential street near the trailhead. There is a dry retention pond on one side and a service drive to a clearing with some tree cover from the road on the other side. Both much better places for underage drinking not to mention the woods all around inside the Greenbelt. The only reason to drink ice cold refreshing beer here is that you just got done riding or running. 

I noticed a new trend lately. I guess people weren't getting the attention they needed by leaving their doggie shit bags next to the trail. Now I'm seeing them hanging from branches next to the trail. Am I just slow to understand? What are they thinking when they do this?  

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, TheX said:

Now I'm seeing them hanging from branches next to the trail.

Yeah, those people, along with the ones littering, are just assholes. A couple of months ago I came around a quick corner and clipped a hanging dog shit bag with my shoulder. Yuk! I was quite relieved that it didn't break. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Barry said:

Yeah, those people, along with the ones littering, are just assholes. A couple of months ago I came around a quick corner and clipped a hanging dog shit bag with my shoulder. Yuk! I was quite relieved that it didn't break. 

That takes "face slappers" to a whole new level...

• Haha 4
  • Sad 1

Do people think someone will come around to pick it up? I was riding through a very nice neighborhood on the way to some trails once and saw an older lady maybe 60+ drop a poop bag in the gutter. Without really thinking I asked is she was going to leave it there as I rode by (not snottilly, more just in a reflex confused tone). She instantly got pissed and cussed me out, I think I ended up telling her to F off or something (my bad). I felt really bad afterwards. I think she was even with her mom. The older lady must have been in her 80s'.

• Like 6

17 hours ago, GFisher said:

Do people think someone will come around to pick it up? I was riding through a very nice neighborhood on the way to some trails once and saw an older lady maybe 60+ drop a poop bag in the gutter. Without really thinking I asked is she was going to leave it there as I rode by (not snottilly, more just in a reflex confused tone). She instantly got pissed and cussed me out, I think I ended up telling her to F off or something (my bad). I felt really bad afterwards. I think she was even with her mom. The older lady must have been in her 80s'.

People do that in front of my house.  They do not pick them up.  I wouldn’t feel bad about calling them on it and then cussing back in respond to getting cussed out.

when I see someone’s dog poop, the first thing I notice is they look around.  I think those are the assholes that leave the poop or the bag behind.  I make it a point to stop what I’m doing, stare at them until they bag it.

• Like 3

Every time I see the title to this thread (WTF is wrong with people?), I'm reminded of Guy Noir on Prairie Home Companion:  It's a dark night in a city that knows how to keep its secrets, but on the 12th floor of the Acme Building, one man is still trying to find the answers to life's persistent questions...Guy Noir, Private Eye. 

"WTF is wrong with people" definitely ranks right up there as one of life's persistent questions. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, June Bug said:

Every time I see the title to this thread (WTF is wrong with people?), I'm reminded of Guy Noir on Prairie Home Companion:  It's a dark night in a city that knows how to keep its secrets, but on the 12th floor of the Acme Building, one man is still trying to find the answers to life's persistent questions...Guy Noir, Private Eye. 

"WTF is wrong with people" definitely ranks right up there as one of life's persistent questions. 

I thought about naming it something more specific but decided it would be more fun if it went off on some tangents. It reminds me of an old 90's area SNL skit about a support group for people who ruin things for everyone else. There was someone who decided to drive off without paying for gas which prompted the "pay before you pump" rule. And the guy (played by Adam Sandler IIRC) who peed all over public bathrooms for fun, now bathrooms are for paying customers only. etc.

I searched the youtubes for a bit, but couldn't find the skit. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, notyal said:

I thought about naming it something more specific but decided it would be more fun if it went off on some tangents. It reminds me of an old 90's area SNL skit about a support group for people who ruin things for everyone else. There was someone who decided to drive off without paying for gas which prompted the "pay before you pump" rule. And the guy (played by Adam Sandler IIRC) who peed all over public bathrooms for fun, now bathrooms are for paying customers only. etc.

That reminds me.  You ever see those quick-disconnect/breakaway disconnects on gas pumps?  I often wondered, WTF kind of people would do that?  Then it happened to me in Oklahoma after many hours of driving.  I stopped immediately, took the dispenser and hose section out of my car and went back inside, asking about how to pay for the damage.  He told me not to worry about it and someone would come in to put it back together, and thanked me for coming in.  Most people just drive off with the whole thing!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, notyal said:

I searched the youtubes for a bit, but couldn't find the skit. 

nbc has it blocked

https://snltranscripts.jt.org/93/93druining.phtml