IGNORED

Wanted: SPOT Tracker to borrow (rent)

CBaron

Hello all,

I'm planning to head out to CO for some solo riding (camping) in the higher elevation back country.  My wife (and I) both think it may be good piece of mind if I could have some kind of tracker device that she could follow and that I could use in case of trouble.  Does anyone have one that I could borrow and pay for service for a month or so?  Any other ideas?

Thanks
CJB

• Like 2

I know I've been a bit of a broken record on this in the past, but  if ya don't have one, it's great to support Colorado Search and Rescue and if things go south and you've got to use that SPOT, these are the people who will come and get you.  In practical terms, having a current CORSAR means you won't be billed for the cost of your rescue. 

Rescue (CORSAR) Card: Colorado residents and visitors are well served by dedicated volunteer search and rescue teams. By purchasing a Colorado Outdoor Recreation Search and Rescue (CORSAR) card you are contributing to the Search and Rescue Fund, that reimburses teams for costs incurred in search and rescues activities across the State of Colorado.The CORSAR card is available for $3 for a one-year card and $12 for a five-year card.

(The CORSAR card is not insurance and does not reimburse individuals nor does it pay for medical transport.)

To purchase on line: Click here

Edited by June Bug
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, June Bug said:

I know I've been a bit of a broken record on this in the past, but  if ya don't have one, it's great to support Colorado Search and Rescue and if things go south and you've got to use that SPOT, these are the people who will come and get you.  In practical terms, having a current CORSAR means you won't be billed for the cost of your rescue. 

To purchase on line: Click here

Thanks for the remainder June Bug.  Its been a few years since I've been out in the back country camping/riding.  But we usually purchase one in town when we arrive and do our shopping before heading out to our locale.

-CJB

• Like 1