IGNORED

Who was the home (mobile?) mechanic on here???

CBaron

Didn't we have a user post up that he was doing mobile or at-home repairs a little while ago?  I did  a few searches but it mainly comes up with pages of "can shops survive" thread.  I've got some stuff needing to be done this week before I head out to CO.

THanks
CJB
512-6nine4-one3one9

1 hour ago, CBaron said:

I don't have a job, my kids are back in school, and my wife really needs some quiet time.  I'm only going to help everyone else out.  🙂

-CJB

Sorry to hear the first part, but yeah, take advantage for sure. When I got laid off at the tail end of the mortgage meltdown I took a solid month riding trails from NM to Idaho. I will always look back fondly on that time. Be safe and enjoy my friend!

Just got my bike back from @WLemke.  I have to say that I am very pleased.  In the past I've worked at 3 different bike shop (many years ago) and also owned a bike shop for a little bit of time (almost many years ago), and his work is as good as I've seen.  Now ,he didn't really do all that much to my bike....but the details that he noticed when giving my bike a once-over are what led me to understand how good he is.  His attention to the details and his logic for the outcomes are sound.  Likewise, he went beyond my request in what he assessed, and the work he performed, along with the feedback he gave. 

We didn't really talk all that much, but he's working out of his house and I strongly think he's doing this 'for fun on the side'.  But his method leads me to guess he prolly has an engineering background.  🙂

Thanks again, thread closed.
-CJB

• Like 5