IGNORED

need a trainer fork mount welded

crazyt

Need something like this welded. Wife doesnt like how this looks hacked..

it is about 18 inches tall, plus another 1.5 inches or so for the fork mount. It doesnt need to be wide (1-2 inches might even be sufficient), but it should prevent forward/backward motion. The trainer doesnt actually move front to back because it is mounted to the wahoo kickr, but too short of a base on the fork mount allows the base slide out. It doesnt need much front/back beyond the fork to prevent that from happening. maybe 5-8 inches.  Most people leave the front wheel on, but my frame is perm mounted to the trainer

You can see the trailer jack I tried to use. The base was too small and the stand kept sliding out either towards the front or towards the rear.

image.thumb.png.1ea18a443bc13d2afb07f8c4d327f744.pngimage.thumb.png.1b52fc55785aa1a63e9fc35b67e8ef1e.png

Edited by crazyt

1 hour ago, ATXZJ said:

What about inflating the shit outta the fork and just running a wheel in a mtb riser block?

We have the carousel style riser that turns and don't have any issues with it creeping forward.

wheel takes up too much space. With the fork mount I can get the tripod with the computer right in front of the bars.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, crazyt said:

wheel takes up too much space. With the fork mount I can get the tripod with the computer right in front of the bars.

Ah, that makes sense now.

If all else, buy a thick piece of quality plywood and fasten that stand and trainer to it. After a nice coat of paint and some rubber pads on the floor side, it might look/work pretty good

8 hours ago, crazyt said:

Need something like this welded. Wife doesnt like how this looks hacked..

it is about 18 inches tall, plus another 1.5 inches or so for the fork mount. It doesnt need to be wide (1-2 inches might even be sufficient), but it should prevent forward/backward motion. The trainer doesnt actually move front to back because it is mounted to the wahoo kickr, but too short of a base on the fork mount allows the base slide out. It doesnt need much front/back beyond the fork to prevent that from happening. maybe 5-8 inches.  Most people leave the front wheel on, but my frame is perm mounted to the trainer

You can see the trailer jack I tried to use. The base was too small and the stand kept sliding out either towards the front or towards the rear.

image.thumb.png.1ea18a443bc13d2afb07f8c4d327f744.pngimage.thumb.png.1b52fc55785aa1a63e9fc35b67e8ef1e.png

Get a kicker climb. Totally worth it!

10 hours ago, 4fun said:

Get a kicker climb. Totally worth it!

I have the 1st gen kickr which doesnt work with the climb, so I would need a new kickr too. She suggested I get the kickr bike, but it is way too expensive. I dont really need adjustable climbing, so the 2x4 structure works for now, just would like it to be a little nicer.

9 minutes ago, crazyt said:

I have the 1st gen kickr which doesnt work with the climb, so I would need a new kickr too. She suggested I get the kickr bike, but it is way too expensive. I dont really need adjustable climbing, so the 2x4 structure works for now, just would like it to be a little nicer.

Was I too fly?

I gave you my digits,

I'll do it for you,

I'll do it for midgets.

I'll do it for Wooks,

I'll do it for money,

But the sugar tastes sweetest,

When I do it for honey. (no homo)