IGNORED

2018 Trek Remedy 9.8 - 27.5 Size L

throet

Bought new last year for some rowdier riding but really haven't ventured out much - just one visit to Spider Mtn. I've ridden it a bunch at Brushy Creek, and it does really well as an everyday trail bike even though it's capable of much more. For me riding Brushy Creek almost exclusively, I just prefer my shorter travel 29er. This is an excellent choice for somebody who wants enduro class capabilities in a bike that is also light and playful as an everyday trail bike.

The bike is in great condition with the exception of a small paint chip on the down tube and a small ding in the front rim. Stock wheels are mounted with 2.6" Magic Mary in front and 2.6" Nobby Nic in back. Carbon bar width is still the original 780mm and no mods have been made to the bike other than tubeless setup, frame protection, and bottle mount. Front triangle and chain stays are carbon - seat stays are aluminum. The suspension on this bike is amazing, with the reactiv thru-shaft full-floater in the back (150mm) and Lyrik RCT3 in front (160mm). Also climbs surprisingly well given its capabilities going down. Came stock with GX Eagle 12-speed drive train. The Guide RS brakes really suck but honestly that's all I would consider changing. The Bontrager dropper works flawlessly.

List price was $5K. Looking for $3500 (without pedals). 

Full spec and geo can be found here:
https://www.vitalmtb.com/product/guide/Bikes,3/Trek/Remedy-9-8-27-5,19227 

IMAG2699.jpg

Edited by throet
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Ended up giving one of my riding buddies a sweet deal on it. He'll definitely want to invest the savings in some better brakes. 

On 11/5/2020 at 10:53 PM, CBaron said:

I'm soooo glad this bike is sold.  I had come over here 1/2 dozen times checking it out and playing with my calculator.  Wheww...that was a close one!

Later,
CJB