IGNORED

Looking for 15x110 fork mount.

GFisher

Tried to buy a Kuat Dirt Bag. The only one I found that appeared to be in stock is backordered until November. May cancel my order. Found a couple different ones for 50, 60 even 105! and one cheaper one. Figured I would cast a line and see if one was out there.

Something like this: https://www.moosejaw.com/product/kuat-the-dirtbag-15-rack_10250205

Edited by GFisher

You should try making one.  It was I did on my current setup that I'm  using for my travels through CO.  

Note- make sure that you mount it to a base that is not wider than the fork drop outs (110 or less) and also elevated a bit (so that your caliper won't drag on the floor).

• Like 1

X2

Built a platform for my Tacoma and can stuff two 50" wheelbase , 800mm handlebar rigs in it. Also still use the 15x100 fork mount with my boost forks. Just don't crank the skewer down.

Not having to drag filthy bikes into a hotel after a long day is worth every penny.

IMG_20200219_101158305_HDR.jpg

• Like 1

With COVID and the urge to avoid stores, I didn't even think to look locally. Good old BSS had them in stock at both of the stores near me. Bought it online and curbsided it today. It was about a dollar cheaper all said and done too. I would have made one but at the moment I have more money than time (knock on wood) and the Kuat ones are pretty nice.

Edited by GFisher

On 10/1/2020 at 5:00 PM, Cafeend said:

I can totally geek out on this .. Cody-- I think you start a thread on your recent travel adventure

Thanks, I just got back into town and might do that.  I'm regrouping and heading out to Bentonville this Thursday or Friday.  

Later,
CJB

15 hours ago, CBaron said:

Thanks, I just got back into town and might do that.  I'm regrouping and heading out to Bentonville this Thursday or Friday.  

Later,
CJB

Sweet,, Enjoy. 

I swear between you and Barry Ive become a bit jealous lately. Have a great time , travel safe 

3 hours ago, Cafeend said:

But more referring to your recent adventure.  I have never done anything like that before

I talked a lot of smack around my house about being "a mountain man willing to go on adventures of solitude".  But outside of a dozen camping trips (to CO) with my friends, I'd never done it before either.  My wife is an introvert who's been completely smothered during this cover stuff, my kids are back in-person at school, and I have a few month window before I gotta get serious about a job.  Given those set of circumstances I had that opportunity to see if I really meant all the crap I'd been saying for years.  I'll be sure to answer that question after I get back from Bentonville next week.... 😉

Later,
CJB

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/28/2020 at 7:40 PM, GFisher said:

Tried to buy a Kuat Dirt Bag. The only one I found that appeared to be in stock is backordered until November. May cancel my order. Found a couple different ones for 50, 60 even 105! and one cheaper one. Figured I would cast a line and see if one was out there.

Something like this: https://www.moosejaw.com/product/kuat-the-dirtbag-15-rack_10250205

I have one that I no longer have a use for that you can have.