IGNORED

Can I touch your YT?

I want to upgrade and looking at the YT Izzo. Trying to decide between a SM/MD. I want to checkout an Izzo in person. You got one I can check out?

I don't want to take it for a joy ride. I just want to check it out and see if the reach works for me. Either a small or medium is fine.

This is me asking a stranger for a favor, so it is at your convenience and location of choice. I have no problem meeting most anywhere in the Austin area.

Edit: Made the post less CLP. Felt... wrong. Thanks, Sluggo.

Edited by MissingPistons

MissingPistons, I do have a large Izzo that you are welcome to look at if you would like.  Not exactly what you are asking for, but the offer is there.  I am around 5'-10" and hit right in the middle of the Large so that is what I went with.  Not sure who else on the forum might have an Izzo.

On 10/6/2020 at 1:04 PM, circuitbreaker said:

from the forum, i think @DBehrens has one.

I appreciate the lead.

On 10/6/2020 at 3:15 PM, DBehrens said:

MissingPistons, I do have a large Izzo that you are welcome to look at if you would like.  Not exactly what you are asking for, but the offer is there.  I am around 5'-10" and hit right in the middle of the Large so that is what I went with.  Not sure who else on the forum might have an Izzo.

If I cannot find a S or M Izzo, that might be worth a try. My unfounded logic says, if a large does not seem too crazy to sit on, then maybe a medium is a better fit than a small.
I will send you a message if it comes to it. Regardless, I appreciate the help.

I am sure you already posted about your experience with the Izzo on the local trails, so I wont ask you to repeat it here. I'll go check the history, but please link if you have a recommended read.

23 hours ago, jcarneytx said:

Got a Medium Jeffsy you can hop on. Certainly not the same, but at least you can get a feel for YT sizing. 

Is your Jeffsy a 29"? If so, that might be a good option.
I am new to all this and still learning what geometry matters. I am running the numbers against the Izzo and my current bike. Looks like the Jeffsy stack and reach is really close. Aside from BB drop, most measurements are within about 2%.  This looks like a good option.

11 hours ago, MissingPistons said:

I appreciate the lead.

If I cannot find a S or M Izzo, that might be worth a try. My unfounded logic says, if a large does not seem too crazy to sit on, then maybe a medium is a better fit than a small.
I will send you a message if it comes to it. Regardless, I appreciate the help.

I am sure you already posted about your experience with the Izzo on the local trails, so I wont ask you to repeat it here. I'll go check the history, but please link if you have a recommended read.

Is your Jeffsy a 29"? If so, that might be a good option.
I am new to all this and still learning what geometry matters. I am running the numbers against the Izzo and my current bike. Looks like the Jeffsy stack and reach is really close. Aside from BB drop, most measurements are within about 2%.  This looks like a good option.

This is a good resource for determining size differences.

https://geometrygeeks.bike

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 10/6/2020 at 3:15 PM, DBehrens said:

Not sure how long you've had your Izzo but can you share your overall riding impressions, things you love, things you would change, etc? According to their spec sheet, a size L comes with a 60mm stem, which seems long by today's standards for a trail bike. Overall though the bike appears to be exceptionally well dialed for Central Texas riding.  

4 hours ago, throet said:

Not sure how long you've had your Izzo but can you share your overall riding impressions, things you love, things you would change, etc? According to their spec sheet, a size L comes with a 60mm stem, which seems long by today's standards for a trail bike. Overall though the bike appears to be exceptionally well dialed for Central Texas riding.  

I have had my Izzo since August, but have only been able to ride it maybe 20 times.  To me it is a really fun bike, splitting the difference between my previoulsy owned Specialized Enduro and my Niner Sir Nine rigid ss.    Light and maneuverable, but doesn't get too twitchy on loose descents at BCRT which is my main riding area.  One of the things I lost with the enduro was snappy acceleration, to which the Izzo almost feels similar to a hardtail.  Only real thing I have had to adjust is the rear lockout for the shock.  Will be looking into frame protection for the Bottom Bracket area, as I know I will smack that on a rock at some point trying to ride up some of your local ledges.  Bike was a blast on the flowy southie trails and other hilly areas.  I am not a guru of bikes geometry or writeups, but like to just get out and ride when I have time.

• Like 1