IGNORED

Extending your Wi-Fi

AustinBike

Flashback to my college days working at cable co’s. People would add splitters then amplify signal then bitch about quality. Amplified crap signal level gives you a lot of crap!

And some common sense in locating your router can improve quality and range. Mine is on a high shelf upstairs on a back wall. Great signal strength in the backyard and about 20’ into the Greenbelt beyond. Good speed for zooms with zero issues. Out front it barely gets beyond the garage. We never hangout in the front.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If it is against the back wall, try this tip: take some aluminum foil and make a wall behind the router on the wall. Basically all of the routers have some type of circular coverage, if you put some aluminum foil behind it you'll boost the signal in the other direction.

Likewise if you have a router downstairs and you are trying to amplify the signal upstairs, put a sheet of foil under the router, this will boost signal upstairs.