IGNORED

Basketball

Schrute

Sweet, yeah I like the Rockets too. I hear rumors about maybe them trading for Butler but honestly I don't really see how that could happen? He's also a Houston native which would be really cool, though that doesn't really seems to matter these days. I'll also be following the Spurs closely. It will be really weird watching them without the "big three" but I watched their preseason game and they performed well. 

• Like 1

Yeah sorry about the Rockets opener. But Davis is a beast for sure. The Spurs were definitely on point against the Wolves. I know a lot of Spurs fans were nervous going into this game due to the rash of injuries the players were experiencing. Murray is out for the season with a torn ACL, then the back up PG injured his foot and could be out for 6 weeks. So they had Forbes start at PG who is basically a third string shooting guard and damn did he hold his own. His stat line for the game was impressive. I was extremely impressed with DeRozan, I'm so glad we have him. LA and Rudy held it down of course. I think if our boys can get their defense up we'll go 82-0 baby! 

Edited by Schrute
  • Like 1

Interesting night of basketball wouldn't you say throet? My Spurs lost to the Blazers who didn't seem to miss a freaking shot, even their bench. And then LA and the Rockets basically get into a brawl on the court. I watched the video and I honestly have no idea why Ingram would have even pushed Harden like that, and I have to say that was excellent professionalism by Harden to be pushed like that and not do anything about it because he TOTALLY had an opening to swing or push back. The ONLY upside to this is at least Ingram and Rondo will hopefully be suspended when the Spurs play them here in a couple of nights, haha.

EDIT: well upon further research it seems a lot of people feel Harden initiated that contact with a flop and when the foul was called on Ingram he got frustrated and pushed Harden. 

Edited by Schrute

21 hours ago, Schrute said:

Interesting night of basketball wouldn't you say throet? My Spurs lost to the Blazers who didn't seem to miss a freaking shot, even their bench. And then LA and the Rockets basically get into a brawl on the court. I watched the video and I honestly have no idea why Ingram would have even pushed Harden like that, and I have to say that was excellent professionalism by Harden to be pushed like that and not do anything about it because he TOTALLY had an opening to swing or push back. The ONLY upside to this is at least Ingram and Rondo will hopefully be suspended when the Spurs play them here in a couple of nights, haha.

EDIT: well upon further research it seems a lot of people feel Harden initiated that contact with a flop and when the foul was called on Ingram he got frustrated and pushed Harden. 

Definitely an interesting start to the season. Harden flops with the best of them (remember Tim Duncan - haha), but on that play Ingram just got in the way and caused the contact - simple blocking foul. Rondo needed his ass kicked for the spitting incident, which can be seen clearly on replay. Tough loss for the Rockets against the Clippers last night, especially with many of those Clippers' players having come from the Rockets. Hopefully things will start to gel for them, but they're definitely a different team from last year. It will be really interesting to see how the Spurs evolve over the season too. I didn't expect Portland to come out strong this year, but they may surprise. And what about the Nuggets? 

Edited by throet

• 3 weeks later...

@Schrute nice win for your Spurs last night. Despite the high turnovers, they were hitting clutch shots consistently, which is what wins games. The Rockets are a mess and I really don't even know what to make of it. We did lose some key defensive role players, but the bottom line is that the FG% and especially 3-pt FG% are way off from last year. They can't even make easy layups this year. Unfortunately D'Antoni is not the kind of coach who is going to get them passionate about winning or create the chemistry that creates better ball movement. I'm just glad that I didn't purchase a League Pass subscription!   

Yeah the blazers are sick this year! Lillard is extremely good. The nuggets are good too but honestly haven't been paying that much attention to them besides Jokic who's a tank in the paint. They have a good record but just lost to the nets wtf? I can't speak we lost to the effing heat and magic.

That game last night though I'm not going to lie felt like a major shit show. We fouled way too much and turned over the ball way too much. In fact had Harden not made it to the line so much who knows how abysmal his shooting stats would be for the night. Worse than they were. Although he was guarding DeRozan real good. DeRozan didn't have a great night but at least he still got a double double. Another cool thing to see was our second string PG (d. White) back from injury and then see them start Forbes who up until our rash of injuries was a third string PG/SG. Dude has really proved himself.

Something is totally wrong with the Rockets. I don't know if the chemistry is off or what but CP3 couldn't even make lay ups last night. Hopefully they sort it out soon they are just too good for those kind of shooting stats.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

• Like 1

It will be interesting to see if the Blazers and Nuggets can keep it up. I'd of course like to see the Rockets turn things around and expect that the Jazz and Pelicans will do so as well. No surprise with Toronto or Milwaukee in the East, but expected the Celtics to get off to a better start. I'm sure they'll pick up momentum as the season progresses. 

The Rockets looked more like last year's team last night against the Pacers. Lights out 3-point shooting. Live by the sword or die by the sword.   

9 hours ago, Schrute said:

Hell yeah@throet

Looks like Texas just sent GSW back to the Oracle with their tails tucked between their legs!

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Yeah that was nice to see, although they'll be a different team with Curry back on the floor. Looks like Aldridge went beast on them last night with Green sitting! This is starting to look like it's going to be a great NBA season with plenty of talent both East and West this year. 

• 4 months later...

So @Schrute the Spurs had a nice run going and I can't believe after 2 losses they dropped down to the 8 spot. Just shows how competitive it's going to be in the west this year. Looks like the field is pretty well set though and now just jockeying for position. It was nice to see Harden go off on your Spurs last night, but I'm not sure what to think of the Rockets chances. Playoff basketball is so different, and Harden hasn't had a history of stepping up big like that in playoff games. 

• Like 1

DUDE Harden is unhuman this season! Seriously WTF! Honestly after the rollercoaster of a season we've had I'm just glad we're in a playoff spot and am just HOPING we avoid a Warriors first round. My wife and I got to go see the Spurs beat the Knicks at the AT&T center during their 9 game win streak, that was really cool! My first live basketball game. Back to the Rockets, everyone keeps saying Harden might not be as good in the playoffs because of his usage rate and what not but honestly the way he plays and scores it's like half of what Bradley Beal or Giannis do. He's a very good shooter. The only thing I forsee is like a Chris Paul injury and Harden definetly not getting to the line as much. Can't wait for the playoffs! Also it's going to be crazy seeing the Blazers go in without Nurkic and a cold CJ McCollum. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

What's up with the way they are trying to guard Harden? It's like they are so scared of him going to his left or taking the step-back 3, that they are literally bodying up on his left butt cheek and letting him have free access into the lane. I mean, I'm a Rockets fan, so I say keep doing it, but WTF?

• Like 1