IGNORED

The Hot Sauce Thread

TheX

• 3 months later...

For those of you who like to turn up the heat without sacrificing flavor, I highly recommend this sauce. I never use steak sauce on fresh-off-the-grill ribeyes, but because we're always getting the family packs on sale at Randalls, I usually end up with a few that go in the fridge and then the microwave days later. This stuff has been the ticket for that! Today I covered the left-over steak with this stuff and ate it along with a big bowl of fresh, cold watermelon for lunch. Fabulous! 

image.thumb.png.c1362e7b116ba56ddeda47c0520e9675.png

Edited by throet
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, throet said:

For those of you who like to turn up the heat without sacrificing flavor, I highly recommend this sauce. I never use steak sauce on fresh-off-the-grill ribeyes, but because we're always getting the family packs on sale at Randalls, I usually end up with a few that go in the fridge and then the microwave days later. This stuff has been the ticket for that! Today I covered the left-over steak with this stuff and ate it along with a big bowl of fresh, cold watermelon for lunch. Fabulous! 

This is a family tradition picked up from a roadside stand somewhere in Mexico by one of my uncles.  Leftover grilled steaks here get diced.  Chop up some bacon, drain some of the fat, add chopped onions and peppers (bell, poblano, or hotter if you want), add the meat, finish up with some white cheese (asadero, Oaxaca, Chihuahua, mozarella, etc.).  Make tacos (flour tortilla) out of it.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, AntonioGG said:

This is a family tradition picked up from a roadside stand somewhere in Mexico by one of my uncles.  Leftover grilled steaks here get diced.  Chop up some bacon, drain some of the fat, add chopped onions and peppers (bell, poblano, or hotter if you want), add the meat, finish up with some white cheese (asadero, Oaxaca, Chihuahua, mozarella, etc.).  Make tacos (flour tortilla) out of it.

Sounds great but I would use corn torts.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AntonioGG said:

Leftover grilled steaks here get diced.  Chop up some bacon, drain some of the fat, add chopped onions and peppers (bell, poblano, or hotter if you want), add the meat, finish up with some white cheese (asadero, Oaxaca, Chihuahua, mozarella, etc.).

Sounds delicious, and very similar to a dish I regularly order - Bistec a la Mexicana - at our favorite local Mexican Restaurant, Los Reyes. They include cooked tomato "fragments" (not diced) in addition to the peppers and onions, and upon request top with ranchero sauce. No cheese, but I'm sure you could have that added. For me it fits my low-carb diet really well if I just eat it off a plate with small helping of rice and some charro beans.    

Edited by throet
  • Like 2