IGNORED

I guess I've become a chicken shit...

TheX

Many wrecks at the trail-to-water transition at the bottom of the Root Drop back in the day. I don't recall anyone wrecking on the way down.

Also (IMHO) true OTB's are less likely these days due to improved bike geometry. Old school geometry tended to be steep and twitchy + bitty wheels. 

Edited by June Bug

2 hours ago, June Bug said:

Many wrecks at the trail-to-water transition at the bottom of the Root Drop back in the day. I don't recall anyone wrecking on the way down.

Also (IMHO) true OTB's are less likely these days due to improved bike geometry. Old school geometry tended to be steep and twitchy + bitty wheels. 

I dont know, to me Root drop looks like a OTB, KO, Drown trifecta.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, TheX said:

90% of my crashes are due to going too slow over features I'm not familiar with. Speed will get the front wheel through things that can stop the bike otherwise.

I've been telling my wife this for years now, and had a long talk about that on the way home from brushy creek yesterday. Riding too timidly can be just as risky as riding beyond your limits.

Edited by ATXZJ

On 10/18/2020 at 12:32 PM, TheX said:

I just realized that in the last 700 miles I haven't had a single crash/OTB incident. I think it's because I ride alone 100% of the time. I haven't had anyone to tow me around, giving me something new to try.

Looking forward to things getting back to normal! 

walnut_10-18-20.thumb.jpg.9f2fb1275638ea054e43f56bf65800bf.jpg

I got some stuff for ya 🙂