IGNORED

Palisade Plunge (near Grand Junction)

June Bug

"Bigger than a trail": Grand Valley's Palisade Plunge set to open after 10 years of planning and partnership

Palisade, CO is just east of Grand Junction.  The Plunge starts atop Grand Mesa and descends 6,000' over 34 miles.  Lots of exposure. Lots. 

The Palisade Plunge (and its 6,000' descent) will be one of Colorado's crown jewels

Purpose built by Singletrack Trails and shuttle-able. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

• 1 month later...

facebook update from Over the Edge in Fruita: 

PALISADE PLUNGE UPDATE:

The Plunge is still NOT fully complete & the trail is NOT open.For now, this 32 mile of purpose built singletrack can sit under snow for the winter, which is the best thing for it, allowing the moisture to settle.

Depending on the season- snow, water, when access can be obtained to complete final work, you can expect a mid to late spring 2021 opening of the full plunge trail.

If things are wetter than usual, or late to dry, that could be pushed to early summer.

For future updates, please visit copmoba.org

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, TheX said:

I'd be down for a road trip.

My next door neighbor owns a large AirBnB house in Grand Junction not far off of I70 which goes right up to Grand Mesa (the TH).  He's a mountain biker and we've used their place a few times.  If anyone wants more info, post up and I can drop it in here.

Later,
CJB 

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, June Bug said:

Could be worth checking out SW flights to Grand Junction. 

I thought about that. I like having my truck, and my bikes. I don't mind a drive as long as there are place I'd like to see on the way.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, TheX said:

I thought about that. I like having my truck, and my bikes. I don't mind a drive as long as there are place I'd like to see on the way.

I have a truck up in Salida. Fly into Gunnison and a shortish drive to the west. Sounds like fun!

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I am disappointed on how this turned out. I was envisioning a 30 mile no pedal flowy trail. Not something that only the top 10% of riders can handle. Shoot, I'm afraid of the consequences of fail from falling from a two foot high skinny! So this thing has zero appeal to me.

I'm guessing that the terrain gave them no choice though. Sometimes there just isn't a place for a B line.

• 5 months later...
14 hours ago, Jessica said:

we just bought tickets to Grand Junction for 9 days between June|July.  The plan is to bike Grand Junction, Telluride and  Fruita.  Flirting with the idea of Slick Rock.  

Yikes!  Thats a hot time of the season there.  My family and I went there (GJ) in August a few years ago.  Being from ATX helps, but by noon things where quite hot (and I love the heat).  The problem is that there is not really any shade anywhere.  Telluride is a whole nuther story...that place will be great.

Cheers,
CJB

On 4/16/2022 at 7:58 PM, Barry said:

Neither of us mind heat. The last time I was in Fruita it was September.  100+ don't matter when when RH is 10%. 

Me either.  It also helps with it being lower cost in summer-time (lower season).  Looking fwd to seeing it all on Strava

-CJB

• Like 1