IGNORED

Are all those bikes just sitting in garages?

TheX

1 minute ago, ATXZJ said:

Yeah, the new AL has updated geo and sliding dropouts. The ESD would be a lot of fun in the steeps. 

Check out the on-one if you like the ESD

https://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/CBOOHDGX/on-one-hello-dave-sram-gx-mountain-bike

Feels like we're on a derail here... but 18" CSL on the On-One?! Yikes. I'd throw my back out trying to pop the front end up. I think the ESD would be a blast at Spider, Walnut, Brushy, FRR... 

On topic! Almost the only time I see a fat bike is in my garage, where there hangs 2. And only because we came from the land of snow biking. Now days I only pull mine out for single speed fun or bar-hops. @Jessica only gets hers out for bar hops. We keep threatening to go beach riding on them, but keep doing other trips instead. 

I haven't noticed fewer e-bikes. I don't think a week goes by without seeing them. Still I think I'd put it at 1 in 30 bikes I see, maybe?

I keep hearing that gravel bikes are a fad. But I keep seeing people gravel and mixed surface riding. Although I have heard that other trope of "gravel bikes are just 80s MTB with drop bars!" That doesn't apply to ChamoisHagar at all

• Like 2

2 hours ago, AustinBike said:

One more reason not to make the trek up there. The trail is not getting the care and feeding that it had in the past, now if I have to deal with the strava dudes trying to beat me on climbs it won't be worth the drive/admission much longer. There are better options closer to home.

Trail maintenance has never been great out there, but these days they are devoting their energy and resources (or others' like Team Trail Party) into the flow/gravity trails. With Spider Mtn right down the road and more and more riders looking for the enduro experience, they are clearly trying to capitalize on that demographic. I thought I saw something months ago that suggested they were going to start shuttling riders out there. Maybe that's still in the works, but renting e-bikes out there is perfect for folks who want to shred the gnar but need a little help getting back up the hills.

• Like 1

ebikes are the future of biking. They will also allow people to actually commute by bike since a 10 mile commute becomes nothing on an ebike. at 8 in the morning it is cool and in the afternoon when it is hot you are going home anyway.

I put a motor on my canfield EPO and I use it for fast and lazy cat laps or when I just want to check on things. My wife also uses it because there is no way she can climb the hills.

Edited by crazyt