IGNORED

Plan to make billions to buy more land for trails

crazyt

Kooks like alex jones have been deplatformed through censorship on mainstream social media (twitter, facebook, gofundme etc). Gun companies have been kicked off shopify

Create an alternative blockchain based social media platform where centralized censorship isnt possible. Im thinking of a system where people can self censor or delegate censorship to entities that they trust.

Get alex jones, donald trump, and other censored personalities to join.

Make a billion dollars from that sweet crypto currency

Buy land

Make mtb trails.

This might require you to sell your soul, but it is probably worth it.

LMK if you are interested.

Edited by crazyt
  • Like 1

Blockchain is a solution to nothing. At this point all it is good for is cryptocurrency; there aren't any other real problems that it can solve because the very narrow scope of the solution. The only thing it does is make it difficult to alter a journaled transaction. There are plenty of existing tools/methods to handle that, but honestly few people have that issue, the blockchain ROI sucks so nobody is using it.

Oh, and right wing social media? Parler is already established there and, um, are they still in business because all of the Parler advocates are still on twitter.....

If you want to make a ton of money for trails, simply buy land in the growing areas out west, then sell it off with a 100 year covenant that the buyer needs to build/maintain free mountain bike trails on X% of the property. You pocket the money, they make your trails, it is a win-win.

2 minutes ago, AustinBike said:

Blockchain is a solution to nothing. At this point all it is good for is cryptocurrency; there aren't any other real problems that it can solve because the very narrow scope of the solution. The only thing it does is make it difficult to alter a journaled transaction. There are plenty of existing tools/methods to handle that, but honestly few people have that issue, the blockchain ROI sucks so nobody is using it.

Oh, and right wing social media? Parler is already established there and, um, are they still in business because all of the Parler advocates are still on twitter.....

If you want to make a ton of money for trails, simply buy land in the growing areas out west, then sell it off with a 100 year covenant that the buyer needs to build/maintain free mountain bike trails on X% of the property. You pocket the money, they make your trails, it is a win-win.

blockchain is a solution for whenever you dont trust a centralized authority to be a good steward of the data.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mack_turtle said:

the Illuminati have already read this thread and will move to thwart your plot. 

does anyone still follow Alex Jones un-ironically?

Currently listening to a drunk AJ on Joe Rogan with Tim Dillon. Had a few LoL moments.

But also a few oh shit moments too......

I used to listen to AJ on late night radio (maybe AM) just because it felt like it was pirate radio and he could say things that others wouldn't say.  Now, I think he's a complete idiot and just wants people to listen to his crap so he'll say anything.  Rush Limbaugh went the same way for me.  I do miss me some Paul Harvey though.

3 hours ago, AustinBike said:

Blockchain is a solution to nothing.

I haven't seen many real world successful deployments. The one that I can think of is an insurance company using an internal blockchain for HIPPA document control. Mostly seems to be a way to secure some sweet VC money and a dangerous drinking game if you attend any FinTech conferences.

5 hours ago, crazyt said:

blockchain is a solution for whenever you dont trust a centralized authority to be a good steward of the data.

But social media sites only work if they own the content. Blockchain implies they don’t. It’s like saying buying a bike direct is a better solution and then saying you refuse to buy a bike unless you can see it in a shop and get on it.

1 hour ago, taco_junkie said:

I haven't seen many real world successful deployments. The one that I can think of is an insurance company using an internal blockchain for HIPPA document control. Mostly seems to be a way to secure some sweet VC money and a dangerous drinking game if you attend any FinTech conferences.

Blockchain for document control is interesting, But there are already a ton of document control solutions out there that don’t require it. If it were faster, cheaper and easier to use it would be everywhere. But it is clumsy, slow and expensive. Lots of places it *could* be used, but no places it will be used. Once cryptocurrency is dead, blockchain will follow. 

It was just this year that I found out Alex Jones is a resident of our fair city and has a studio somewhere in south Austin. 

Besides being an asshole, he also appears to be a steroid abuser.  I find him to have zero redeeming qualities. 

Edited by June Bug
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, June Bug said:

It was just this year that I found out Alex Jones is a resident of our fair city and has a studio somewhere in south Austin. 

Besides being an asshole, he also appears to be a steroid abuser.  I find him to have zero redeeming qualities. 

Really? I’m surprised you didn’t know all that. You should check out the epic divorce and custody battle he went through - apparently the mother of his children decided he wasn’t the best influence in their lives.

2 hours ago, AustinBike said:

Blockchain for document control is interesting, But there are already a ton of document control solutions out there that don’t require it. If it were faster, cheaper and easier to use it would be everywhere. But it is clumsy, slow and expensive. Lots of places it *could* be used, but no places it will be used. Once cryptocurrency is dead, blockchain will follow. 

you would only use blockchain for the authentication. The actual content could be hosted encrypted on centralized servers. You can separate storage from user interface and authentication. The key is no one knows the data they are storing. 

43 minutes ago, Shanerpvt said:

The Alex Jones Austin Access stuff around 2000 was hilarious.  

It was pretty entertaining for sure. 

Lived here for a bit, years ago and remember AJ , Howard Stern and Russ Martin were on fm radio. Pure entertainment all day at work.