IGNORED

Good customer service stories

olddbrider

Non bike related.

Franzetti Jewelers off of Kerbey Lane. 

Mid 2019 I was searching for a jeweler to piece together family diamonds for my now wife’s wedding band and engagement ring (wedding band diamonds from her grandmother, engagement ring diamonds from my grandmother). The experience working with Bobby was incredible. He priced things to the penny (tax included) on a small calculator as we sat there discussing the project to give me accurate numbers, allowed me to customize ever piece of the rings with him and gave honest recommendations regardless of the cost of the work and materials.

The experience with him compared to 4 other places I shopped at in Austin and Houston left me amazed. After 20 minutes with him I left all diamonds and rings with him, and gave a deposit without questioning anything else. Rings came out perfect.

Fast forward to last month, the wedding comes and goes and we’re on our way to the mini honeymoon, she looks at her wedding band (comprised of 11 0.3-0.35 carat diamonds from her grandmothers wedding band), and one of the diamonds is gone. Of course she cries and whatnot, especially being she’s had that ring on her hand for less than 24 hours at that moment. I contact Bobby immediately, sent pictures and communicate everything clearly. He asks us to mail it in (not living in Austin right now). I mailed in to him the day after we got home from said mini-moon. Within 2 weeks it was shipped back to us, with a replacement diamond and all prongs were fully reinforced. He noted that the diamond most likely cracked and came loose, hinting that it wasn’t really his fault, but he  still took care of it for us. 

Franzetti Jewelers has a lifetime customer in me, and I recommend you spend money at this quirky Austin jewelry shop too. 

7 hours ago, AustinBike said:

Yep, brother in law sold through them and he agreed with you. 

Luckily most of us are not retailers 😉

Also, got a good selection of large helmets? Asking for a friend.

Just a few Bell helmets in Large.  Super Air.  Super Air R, and One other one.  I think I also have a few Smith Forefront helmets in.  

17 hours ago, June Bug said:

Good to know. Very good to know!  There's a UPS store on Braker, in the Domain. 

Got a Black & Decker hand vac (Amazon) which is so insanely loud I keep hearing protector ear muffs by the charging stand. It's gotta go. 

The return process varies by actual seller, not every seller is the same. When you go through the process you'll get the appropriate directions. One helmet was drop off at UPS, no packaging required, one helmet was drop off at UPS but boxed for shipment. It is an actual seller variance, not an Amazon variance.

I had a good experience with Howler Brothers on some board shorts that got snagged and ripped in the dryer. No questions asked, sent a return label, and refund. Only problem was that they were sold out of my size, so I ordered a new shirt instead. They were the best board shorts I've ever owned (stretchy, fit well, and have two full front pockets and a velcro back pocket) so, I ordered a new pair when they came in stock. Not to mention, they are based in Austin. I have a bunch of their clothes now, and every item is my new favorite. Good, local company with solid products. 

Bike specific: https://bikeshoes.com/

I bought some shoes for my wife that didn't fit. They didn't have her size in the ones I originally ordered, so I got on the phone, the CS rep went to the warehouse while I was on the phone, and told me all the options in the same price range that she did have in the right size. They sent a free return label and shipped the replacements free of charge. They usually have some really good deals too. 

Was somewhat bummed they’re no longer Return Everything Indefinitely and now have a 1 year policy but I still buy most of my higher end outdoor gear from REI. Who else in retail let’s you return hiking boots after you’ve used them for a month because they squeeze your toes. Nothing “wrong” with them, they just aren’t a good fit. If it’s something I haven’t purchased before I’ll pay a premium to buy thru them vs online haggling because I know I can return it if it just doesn’t work for me.

My other go to is Osprey. No fault Free repairs for life. They’ve sent me bite valves on older gen bladders that aren’t available to buy, new magnets, fixed backpacks and hydration packs just for the cost of mailing to them. They don’t even charge for return shipping. And there’s always someone very nice on their customer support line.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Chongo Loco said:

Was somewhat bummed they’re no longer Return Everything Indefinitely and now have a 1 year policy but I still buy most of my higher end outdoor gear from REI. Who else in retail let’s you return hiking boots after you’ve used them for a month because they squeeze your toes. Nothing “wrong” with them, they just aren’t a good fit. If it’s something I haven’t purchased before I’ll pay a premium to buy thru them vs online haggling because I know I can return it if it just doesn’t work for me.

My other go to is Osprey. No fault Free repairs for life. They’ve sent me bite valves on older gen bladders that aren’t available to buy, new magnets, fixed backpacks and hydration packs just for the cost of mailing to them. They don’t even charge for return shipping. And there’s always someone very nice on their customer support line.

How could I forgot about Osprey. One of our dogs chewed one of the buckles, I called to order one since this was no fault of theirs, and they sent me a whole new one.  Similarly, my pack's zipper failed and I wanted to send in for repair/warranty, they just shipped me a new one.  I've since bought several other Osprey packs for the family.

• Like 1

I sent in my old 1st gen raptor when one of the zippers got messed up several years ago. They also replaced a broken waist strap buckle I slammed in my tailgate, replaced the chest strap buckle/magnet that was all rusty and replaced some of the tattered material in the shoulder straps. All I wanted was the zipper fixed! They had already repaired a huge tear from a tree limb in that one a year or two earlier. I had purchased a replacement for a trip and didn’t think they’d bother fixing it. Still use it for hikes and trail work.

Yeah, the whole fam has them in my house too. Never know what kids can do to stuff, but they’ve fixed more of mine. The bite valves they sent were ones the kid bit thru though. She destroyed several camelbak valves chewing on them on her kiddie packs and those guys don’t warranty squat! [emoji849]

• Like 2