IGNORED

Critter sightings!

June Bug

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

While sitting on the Cub Cadet ZTR mower a day ago, Pepe LePue 🦨 came strolling out from underneath and sashayed away leaving me grateful that he wasn't any more startled. I was quite thankful he decided to take a stroll before I turned the key. 😳

Edited by Ridenfool
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Taco Man said:

Was riding on the street yesterday and made a turn a few streets (0.5 miles) from my house and I thought a German Shepard was on the loose... then I realized that was one big healthy coyote running the streets.   No pic it disappeared into the greenbelt.

Saw a very healthy one the other day on Reproductive Cycle in SATN. Usually the ones I've seen before are scrawny so it was strange seeing one so fat and sassy.

A young red shoulder tried to catch a squirrel on the ground in my back yard the other day. Squirrel narrowly escaped by jumping into a holly bush. The hawk walked around the bush for 15-20 min and made a few more grabs but couldn’t get thru the foliage to get his prey. He then flew about 10’ away to the fence and sat there for 30 min waiting on the squirrel to make a break for it before flying off. Had to show the wife when he was trying to grab it out the bush. She usually never sees the animal adventures that happen out back. Adventures of living on a suburban Greenbelt!

• Like 3

My wife has some videos of a green snake vs praying mantis battle in our backyard.  We will edit it into a single video and post it on YouTube.

I’ve seen a very healthy (probably ears dumb fluffy dogs and cats) coyote at the service road at the top of St. Eds.  I stopped, he stopped, we looked at each other for a few seconds then we both went on our way.

at UT Dallas going into class after work one day, a squirrel enjoying an acorn got bombed by a red tailed hawk.  I was shocked at how fast that squirrel went from happy eating a nut to guts hanging from a beak.  It was a handful of seconds.

On 9/9/2022 at 8:10 PM, AntonioGG said:

I stopped, he stopped, we looked at each other for a few seconds then we both went on our way.

It's strange. I saw a very healthy coyote on the double track in Sunset Valley awhile back. We had this same encounter. But to me it looked like the coyote was thinking, "can I eat that thing?" He decided no I guess as he just casually turned and walked into the brush.