IGNORED

Dana Peak Park

GFisher

Anyone quite familiar with these trails? Trying to do some recon, it looks like is/was a COEngineers park but is/did transition to the City of Harker Heights. My main concern is I keep seeing reference to it being closed from Oct-Feb, but maybe that doesn't affect trail access? Can try to call tomorrow but figured someone might know the latest ins and outs, and might have some good tips (parking, route, etc.).

Thanks guys.

John - I always check your site first, great resource! I did notice the map link is broken. I like to bring a paper map also if I can, not really finding any good maps. The one from trailforks is probably the best one  I am finding. https://www.trailforks.com/region/dana-peak-park/?activitytype=1&z=13.0&lat=31.03698&lon=-97.57283

6 hours ago, GFisher said:

Thanks guys.

John - I always check your site first, great resource! I did notice the map link is broken. I like to bring a paper map also if I can, not really finding any good maps. The one from trailforks is probably the best one  I am finding. https://www.trailforks.com/region/dana-peak-park/?activitytype=1&z=13.0&lat=31.03698&lon=-97.57283

I’ll look into fixing that, headquarters has been all over me about helmet reviews and getting my TPS forms filed. Apparently there is a new cover sheet...