IGNORED

Is anything rideable?

crankin

6 minutes ago, Schrute said:

Rpr is always good to go. Can't fuck it up either. It was perfect yesterday. It might have gotten rain this A.M but I'm sure it's fine

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Good to hear that they are open this weekend. I saw that they had some sort of shooting event going on this weekend and figured they might be closed. You weren't having to dodge any bullets were you?  

12 minutes ago, James Akers said:

What does RPR stand for?

It's located in Burnet and is generally only open Fri afternoon through Sun for trail riding. Ten dollars per rider at the gate covers the day-use fee with additional fees for overnight camping. Definitely worth checking out but they have a lot of different events out there too; so it's best to check their website and make sure the trails are open to the public. 

https://rprtexas.com/

Nothing rideable of course, but anybody paying attention to what's going on with area lakes? Looks like Lake Travis has come up 20ft in the last week, primarily due to the raging Llano River. Won't be surprising if it exceeds 100% full with the continued rains. Saw something in regards to the San Gabriel flooding as well. Anybody know what's happening at Lake Georgetown? Are we at risk of having parts of the Goodwater Loop underwater?

EDIT - Just saw that Travis is now at 102% full. I remember it getting to 95% or so a few years back after heavy rains, but can't remember the last time it was over 100%.  

Edited by throet

17 minutes ago, throet said:

Nothing rideable of course, but anybody paying attention to what's going on with area lakes? Looks like Lake Travis has come up 20ft in the last week, primarily due to the raging Llano River. Won't be surprising if it exceeds 100% full with the continued rains. Saw something in regards to the San Gabriel flooding as well. Anybody know what's happening at Lake Georgetown? Are we at risk of having parts of the Goodwater Loop underwater?

EDIT - Just saw that Travis is now at 102% full. I remember it getting to 95% or so a few years back after heavy rains, but can't remember the last time it was over 100%.  

Think 91 or 92' was the worst where it was just a couple of feet from cresting the dam. Checking levels now......

23 minutes ago, throet said:

Nothing rideable of course, but anybody paying attention to what's going on with area lakes? Looks like Lake Travis has come up 20ft in the last week, primarily due to the raging Llano River.

Even CNN is on it.  Various videos of flooding, including a bridge in Llano. 

https://www.cnn.com/2018/10/16/us/texas-llano-river-flooding/index.html

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, crazyt said:

pretty amazing we got 10-11 inches west of austin which was perfect for the watershed. Travis is now at 696 (681 is full, 714 is dam topped)

they did predict an el nino year which are wetter than average.

Yeah, the footage from the highland lake dams was pretty intense but like you say, thats where we needed the water most. I read 710' was 1991 record, so no too far off at LT