IGNORED

South Austin quick LR options

Shanerpvt

I work in South Austin and am looking for places to turn quick lunch rides.

The Greenbelt pass thing wears me out.  If anyone has any suggestions on that it would be helpful, but every time I have tried to get a pass they are unavailable.  Slaughter Creek is in the rotation.  I know there is McKinney Falls but unless it has changed not much out there.

Does anyone have any thoughts on Mary Moore Seawright.  Played disc golf out there in college.  Looks to be more of a hiking thing, but would appear some bike it.  Anyone ride this?

What else am I missing?  Looking for trails say within 20ish  minutes of 35 & Ben White.

Thank you for your thoughts,

Shaner

Dude...there are miles and miles of great trail right there. Search this forum for SATN. South Austin Trail Network. I’d explore on a weekend unless you can take some long lunches if you get lost. Once you learn some of it, it should make great lunchtime rides.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Teamsloan said:

you can literally do a 100 mile loop of the SATN trails. It’s been done. Plenty out there for lunch rides.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

100 mile lunch ride means you’ll have plenty of time to ride in the future after you lost your job.

And I did a 50 miler one day and I did not touch many pieces of the trail. 

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have not seen an official announcement, but as far as I can tell a pass is no longer required to enter Barton Creek Greenbelt. The kiosks are gone from the trailheads, and I went in at the VCT trailhead at Specs this past weekend with no one there for passes.

12 minutes ago, mcfly said:

I have not seen an official announcement, but as far as I can tell a pass is no longer required to enter Barton Creek Greenbelt. The kiosks are gone from the trailheads, and I went in at the VCT trailhead at Specs this past weekend with no one there for passes.

I can also confirm there was no kiosks or ticket collector at the Zilker trailhead as of last weekend.