IGNORED

Darn Tough Socks

TheX

Any one here have any experience with them? I like merino wool socks, and they have a good selection with decent prices. Free shipping if you buy 2 pair. I need bike socks, boot socks, and hiking socks. They have quite a few that I like. 

I think I'll just invest in a few pair, and see what I get. I know I'm not the only sock whore here. 

yup, I started using them a couple of years ago. I love them.

Recent story: I purchased a couple of pair from Amazon about a year ago. My wife pointed out that some of the threads came loose at the top. So, I figured this would be a time to test out there " lifetime warranty". I went to their site and they have a link to a form for a return. Filled out the form, and included a no postage shipping label with instructions on how to return the damaged socks. I sent via USPS  for something like $7-8 dollars. Within a couple days after the package was delivered I received and email from them. The email included a purchase code for another pair of any pair of socks they have listed. The email went on to say that the socks that I purchased were actually not theirs, that they were a knock off. Even with that, they still provided a full amount purchase code and suggested that I use their site to insure I was getting the real thing.

Needless to say, I'll be using their socks for a long fucking time 🙂

• Like 3

yup, I started using them a couple of years ago. I love them.
Recent story: I purchased a couple of pair from Amazon about a year ago. My wife pointed out that some of the threads came loose at the top. So, I figured this would be a time to test out there " lifetime warranty". I went to their site and they have a link to a form for a return. Filled out the form, and included a no postage shipping label with instructions on how to return the damaged socks. I sent via USPS  for something like $7-8 dollars. Within a couple days after the package was delivered I received and email from them. The email included a purchase code for another pair of any pair of socks they have listed. The email went on to say that the socks that I purchased were actually not theirs, that they were a knock off. Even with that, they still provided a full amount purchase code and suggested that I use their site to insure I was getting the real thing.
Needless to say, I'll be using their socks for a long fucking time [emoji846]
Which sock?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

14 minutes ago, June Bug said:

REI might be a good source, especially if they are having a big sale.  They had a sock sale last year and I stocked up on SmartWools, but I think Darn Tough were on sale as well.  

I will definitely check them out. They closed the store in RR.

Wool shit is expensive..but you can wear them for days without stinking and do well with moisture or hell even wet....
Its big in hunting and hiking industry because of those properties..

I've tried a few brands but not darn tough...i just got some farm to feet brand and they are nice and cool design options. Icebreaker is another good wool brand but pricey even in the wool market....I usually look for sales on wool and found around a 50- 70% wool blend is best option to get the properties but still be durable...100% wool tends to tear easy and harder to take care of

There's some socks on Amazon called people socks that are the best bang for buck i found but no flashy design and little thicker than light options of more expensive brands.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B009Y9QCCS/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fabc_A9FPFbZXB6MAR

Sent from my SM-A115AZ using Tapatalk

I started wearing wool socks year round everyday about 20 years ago.  I am a foot sweater with sensitive skin.....not a good combo.  Wool are the only socks that work for me without causing skin issues.

Darn Tough started out as a manufacture of MUSA wool socks under others labels.  Seems about 10-12 years ago (all of this from memory) the brands they were manufacturing for shifted manufacturing over seas.  They made the tough decision to try to stay in business & keep their employees by offering up their own brand.  All of this is kinda “lore” but this is an idea that I can get behind.  I have darn tough socks that are legit 10 years old.

The above is not gospel, just want I remember about the brand when I first started supporting them.  The product had kept me as a customer.

Cheers,

Shaner

On 11/6/2020 at 9:29 AM, June Bug said:

REI might be a good source, especially if they are having a big sale.  They had a sock sale last year and I stocked up on SmartWools, but I think Darn Tough were on sale as well.  

REI runs sales on Darn Tough 1-2x per year.  I think they do the same on Smartwool socks, but usually staggered with the Darn Tough sales.  I have some Smartwool skiing socks that have lasted me forever and basically still look brand new.  I only recently got some Darn Toughs for hiking and biking.  So far I really like them, but one has developed a hole near the top so I plan to test their warranty.  If all goes well I'll likely start buying more of them in slow phases to spread out the high cost a bit.

I've have to do a warranty thing with Tasco once with a pair of gloves, never with their socks. The gloves was easy, sent them a pic of the glove and the order number. Had a brand new pair in less than a week. I like their socks too.