IGNORED

Darn Tough Socks

TheX

• 2 weeks later...

I have had a chance to try 2 of the 3 Darn Tough socks I ordered.   I'm not sure what y'all prefer for cycling but I ordered athletic, tactical, and hiking socks.  The tactical felt hot, so I may save these for winter riding only.  The athletic did not have the compression I am used to with the Swiftwick.  The Hiking have a super thick bottom which I don't like for most purposes.  I'm still a 100% Swiftwick guy but glad I got to try them.

I'll comment on Smartwool too.  I've had a pair of these for probably 15 years, but I don't wear them for riding.  They seem to bunch up a bit though.

Now a laundry question, do you machine wash and dry your good socks? I've been washing in permanent press and drying in a permanent press cycle but I think I'm shortening the life of them.  Now I've started air drying them instead.

I bought the Stage Micro Crew Ultra-Light and Steely Micro Crew Cushion w/ Full Cushion Toe. Crew cushion are definitely winter socks. The crew ultra-light are perfect *for me* for cycling. I have no idea how my wife washes them, I'm not allowed to touch her stuff because I have a habit of breaking things.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TheX said:

I'm not allowed to touch her stuff because I have a habit of breaking things.

Did you throw in a red sock with the whites years ago to forever get out of that duty?  🙂

Thanks for the feedback on the Darn Tough socks.  I wish I would have tried the ultra-light.

5 hours ago, Yosmithy said:

Seriously....

I know first world problems and all but Seriously Ive gotten like 20 emails from them in the ~25 days since I bought them.  I bought them as a gift so I dont know how they fit, Nice that you have local sources for them but lifelong socks I dont see needing more for a while and so on.

On 11/21/2020 at 3:20 PM, AntonioGG said:

Now a laundry question, do you machine wash and dry your good socks?

For all bike clothes, synthetics and non-wool synthetic socks: wash on hot water setting to get the funk and stank out, always hang dry.   Super hot dryer shortens the life of the chamois & lycra in bike shorts and seems to shrink socks. 

Wool anything gets washed on the cool setting with regular clothes; always hang dry.  

On 11/30/2020 at 11:15 AM, TheX said:

Unsubscribe works.

I hope so. I unsubscribed from all their emails after being stalked/love bombed by Old Navy, who are pretty frantic that I didn't order anything on Black Friday. 

Edited by June Bug

On 11/30/2020 at 4:51 PM, Taco Man said:

I know first world problems and all but Seriously Ive gotten like 20 emails from them in the ~25 days since I bought them.  I bought them as a gift so I dont know how they fit, Nice that you have local sources for them but lifelong socks I dont see needing more for a while and so on.

Since writing this on Monday I have gotten 3 more emails.

Yes Unsubscribe works but then I will miss something I likely want to see- I just wish they had only send me the really good information option.

2 hours ago, Taco Man said:

Since writing this on Monday I have gotten 3 more emails.

Using Gmail, I put these kinds of email into the "Promotions" category. I don't get notifications, and I go into that category when I want to see what's what. It keeps me from unsubscribing to promotional emails, while still getting them without annoyance.