IGNORED

DS2020 Dispersed Group Laps

Jessica

I did my first lap out there last month in 420 dude..i think I could knock off 20min of that time which was spent stopping for hikers, and eating a sandwich....its getting slammed out there on weekends especially by cedar breaks mile 1 entry but really anywhere near a park entry was pretty busy made it hard to keep a flow.

Ill be living out by there next year so it will become my weekday trail..im excited about that

Goodwater Loop got me thinking maybe I do need to spend money on a bike that weighs 10 pounds less haha

Sent from my SM-A115AZ using Tapatalk

Here's a link to the FB event: 

https://fb.me/e/3bvsqfUYx

Come out and ride a clockwise lap or two with a dispersed group (10' or so apart) of the Lake Georgetown Dragon Lap on the 30 mile loop starting from Russell Park.

It's a drop ride but moderately easy pace for around a 4-4:15 hour lap. Handle your own nutrition, water, and mechanicals please.

Wheels down 8am on 11-21-20

Edited by Barry
  • Like 2

• 2 months later...
I've been waiting to see the results.  4 hours 26 minutes running.  Impressive.
https://results.raceroster.com/en-US/results/g2ryn7k3vnx9btr2
I went out there and checked it out..their was a decent group at finish area.
My buddy ran it so cheered him on at finish line...falling seemed to be a recouring topic people where talking about it. My freind fell twice and had a pretty nice goose egg and cut on his forearm.

This one crazy lunatic ran it with sandals tied on with rope and duct tape haha...I told him he needs to send that in to oofos, the sandals holding up is almost as crazy as him running in them haha

An event shirt with the sweet logo they had would of been cool but they got to choose from a running hat or gloves instead, and got a beer at end so that was nice.

248c130ade29e1c915160b303ef77a83.jpg

Sent from my SM-A115AZ using Tapatalk

• Like 2

On 2/2/2021 at 5:05 PM, AntonioGG said:

The Tarahumara run ultras (and do very well) with homemade sandals using tires as the bottom part.   I highly recommend everyone read Born to Run.  It's a great read even if you don't run at all.

Agreed!  Our whole family read that at the beginning of the Pandemic.  

• Like 1