IGNORED

BCGB PSA

Jackie

To the person or people that have been sanitizing the Barton Creek Greenbelt, please stop. Seriously, really, stop it. Many of us have been riding those trails for 20 plus years and they’ve held up for a reason. When you go in and remove rocks, remove trees and create cheater lines you’re destroying what someone else has spent countless hours building correctly. If you can’t ride something practice, that’s what keeps it fun. If a feature is above your skill level that’s okay. Get off, walk, and leave the trails intact. Rock and tree removal lead to soil erosion which leads to these fantastic, decades old trails breaking down and washing away.  SANITIZING a trail or section just for your personal pleasure is pretty far from okay. If you’re wondering, I’m sick of putting sections back together in Hammerhead Gulch and in Travis Country just because someone doesn’t like what’s been in place and sustainable forever. Trust me, you’re not that important but those trails are. To all you fat tire friends, if you know who is doing this please make this a teaching moment. Perhaps it’s some of our younger people that just don’t understand the damage they’re causing and how much they’re pissing people off. 

• Like 7

24 minutes ago, 4fun said:

Not quite sanitizing but ridiculous non the less! I encountered a lady sitting on the rock feature, talking on her phone and she was not moving. As I went around her I got a look like I was a deep disturbance.

#entitledpeoplesuck

Not quite sanitizing but ridiculous non the less! I encountered a lady sitting on the rock feature, talking on her phone and she was not moving. As I went around her I got a look like I was a deep disturbance.
I think I'd ask Karen what the fuck?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I rode up on a guy moving rocks off the trails i frequent in NW Austin one Saturday and said, Hey sir please dont move rocks as these trails were built by mtbr's and would like to keep the trails as they were as long as possible..His reply was, i'm just trying to make it easier for my 2 boys to get around some of these sections and that some of these areas are a little dangerous....I seriously had to bite my tongue and say sir please, dont fucking mess with the trails! 

55 minutes ago, Bart said:

I rode up on a guy moving rocks off the trails i frequent in NW Austin one Saturday and said, Hey sir please dont move rocks as these trails were built by mtbr's and would like to keep the trails as they were as long as possible..His reply was, i'm just trying to make it easier for my 2 boys to get around some of these sections and that some of these areas are a little dangerous....I seriously had to bite my tongue and say sir please, dont fucking mess with the trails! 

Participation Trophy parent at work....  Undermines an underling 'hard work ethic' as anything that is deemed 'too hard' must be dumbed down 'for me' by someone else....    SMH.

• Like 5

No, we didn’t take any photos. If you’re familiar with Hammerhead Gulch you’ll be able to spot the damage done and our attempt at repair. Some of the other sanitizing we blocked off. If people can’t ride what’s there they should practice or walk. Or ride somewhere else that’s less challenging. 

• Like 2

Yes I guess I saw it. 

The person that built that trail took the line left of that big rock that seems to have been moved, if we are talking about the same spot.

That line runs along the left 10 feet or so then a ledge up and to the right. 

I've seen him clear it numerous times, about every time.

Not to be critical but the pile of rocks now kinda blocks that left line. 

I've not seen anyone try the left line lately. 

Also in the past there have been a few attempts to short cut into that trail system from a more well traveled trail.

I think they wanted to bypass a big drop. 

I think we’re talking about two different spots. We put one big rock back like it was, but didn’t add a pile of rocks. Bottom line is, I’m tired of people changing an existing trail because it’s too hard for them. Walk, practice or go home. I’m still challenged every time I’m out there and my ego doesn’t prohibit me from walking a section. It blows me away that someone would be dumb/bold/callous (insert derogatory adjective) enough to go out and fuck the trails up. I’m not okay with that, nor are any of the guys that I ride with. All of us have considered the BCGB our favorite local playground for over 20 years. Thanks for the feedback 

• Like 2