IGNORED

Random Vehicles

Sluggo

superfuckingrandom vehicle post for fellow tank dorks 

Got to see the littlefield collection just after he died while the collection was still intact. This is one of the few running panthers in the world, and was on tank overhaul.  Forgive the crap 2000s cellphone pic.

100_0786.jpg

Edited by ATXZJ
  • Like 4

superfuckingrandom vehicle post for fellow tank dorks 
Got to see the littlefield collection just after he died while the collection was still intact. This is one of the few running panthers in the world, and was on tank overhaul.  Forgive the crap 2000s cellphone pic.

100_0786.jpg.d3aaa55286d41566a65415d7729e740d.jpg

That’s straight badass. I think it sucks thy they broke up the collection. That dude spent all that effort and love in pulling those tanks together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Tree Magnet said:

That’s straight badass. I think it sucks thy they broke up the collection. That dude spent all that effort and love in pulling those tanks together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks man. It was a surreal experience for sure. We had to use the secret decoder ring to get on the list to tour the collection. Ended up in the hills a bit east of oakland in a fucking neighborhood of all things, and then there it was. People were driving APCs around his vineyard while we were there. Dude had more money than he knew what to do with.

I think a lot of the collection ended up on the east coast . Once coronageddon is over, we're heading to ft benning to check out the museum there. UBER Bucket list is bovington. 

Edited by ATXZJ

32 minutes ago, ATXZJ said:

Thanks man. It was a surreal experience for sure. We had to use the secret decoder ring to get on the list to tour the collection. Ended up in the hills a bit east of oaskland in a fucking neighborhood of all things and then there it was. People were driving APCs around his vineyard while we were there. Dude had more money than he knew what to do with.

I think a lot of the collection ended up on the east coast . Once coronageddon is over, we're heading to ft benning to check out the museum there. UBER Bucket list is bovington. 

I respect tanks and tank geeks and I've actually watched a few "tank engine startup" videos on YouTube.  I grew up more of a plane geek.  One of the coolest things I have seen is the AF museum in Dayton, OH.  I highly recommend it.  

Back to Random Vehicles.  I need to take a pic of the mint-condition 80's Blazer I see on one of my regular ride routes, as well as the Rockin' Tomato 1950's Chevy Panel van, and the custom 1950's crew-dab Chevy truck and post those.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tree Magnet said:

Tanks are like warbirds.  Rich people collect yachts.   FU money people collect warbirds and military memorabilia.  They'll make more yachts but there are only so many Sherman's and Hellcats out there.

Thanks for sharing.

Warbirds are the best!

• Like 1

Tanks are like warbirds.  Rich people collect yachts.   FU money people collect warbirds and military memorabilia.  They'll make more yachts but there are only so many Sherman's and Hellcats out there.
Thanks for sharing.
I met a few older gentlemen years ago that collected old planes P-51's, spitfires, hurricanes etc and thought that was pretty cool. Takes a lot of money but if you have it, why not.

Sent from my moto g(7) supra using Tapatalk

• Like 2

When I lived on Long Island we had a guy that had a military collection/museum out on the east end. You were able to buy tickets to check out everything he had which was a lot. Some schmuck moved in next door to the museum and started complaining to the town about the tank museum and eventually forced the guy to move. The collection is now part of AAF Tank museum in VA.

https://www.aaftankmuseum.com/about

https://www.nytimes.com/1995/12/03/nyregion/long-island-journal-079626.html

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

What I thought was the worst parking job I’d seen in a while this morning when parking for my ride, turned out to be someone who hadn’t bothered trying to make the sharp left just before where they stopped, and opted to burst both right tires on the curb instead, then abandon the car. They were definitely sober at the time.

4915733A-DEED-4565-A211-B0AA951DC77D.jpeg

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, AntonioGG said:

I LOVE Wagons.   I consider my speed3 a small wagon (4 doors + hatch = wagon).  I even like those modern Buick wagons.

100% on all of that!  The Buicks are saweeet and since nobody wants them, they can be had for lower prices too.  I sorta think the Buick wagon is what Volvo should have done with their long roof offering.

[raises hand] I'm a mini van lover too for some of the same reasons.

Later,
CJB

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, CBaron said:

100% on all of that!  The Buicks are saweeet and since nobody wants them, they can be had for lower prices too.  I sorta think the Buick wagon is what Volvo should have done with their long roof offering.

[raises hand] I'm a mini van lover too for some of the same reasons.

Later,
CJB

Yes minivans are awesome.  I wanted a souped up Mazda5.  This guy Jason Saini made a Mazda5 with the speed3 engine in it for the One Lap of America track attack series.  I would love a souped up Odyssey sleeper--in more than one sense of the word!

• Like 1