IGNORED

Random Vehicles

Sluggo

8 hours ago, AntonioGG said:

Yes minivans are awesome.  I wanted a souped up Mazda5.  This guy Jason Saini made a Mazda5 with the speed3 engine in it for the One Lap of America track attack series.  I would love a souped up Odyssey sleeper--in more than one sense of the word!

Now I feel like you might actually be flirting with me....  

I looked strongly at a Mazda5 a good while back.  I liked how they were a tad smaller and you could get them in a manual transmission.  That said, my family has owned 4 odysseys and they were all pretty great (except for earl model trans issues).  The 05 & 09' ones we had were down right fun to drive.  It would drive smooth and comfortablly near triple digit speeds on the desolate roads of West TX and NM.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, CBaron said:

Speaking of minivans!  Please, please, please....

https://carbuzz.com/news/chrysler-pacifica-hellcat-is-the-minivan-of-our-dreams

Cheers,
CJB

Schwing!

Since it's only an artist's rendition, it is fun to think about the mechanical changes.  You'd need a tunnel for the driveshaft which would get rid of center seats.  You'd still end up seating for 6.

Now, I don't even want to think about changing those rear spark plugs in that thing!

This prompted me to look up fastest minivans, the Sienna comes with AWD and 300HP and will hit 60 in 7 seconds.  The Odyssey doesn't have as much power but is faster with a 6.9 second 0-60.  That's around the time my 1996 GSR used to do.  That's nuts!

Here's the ultimate minivan:

Edited by AntonioGG
  • Like 1

I think we've talked about this before, but currently I'd lean towards a Spinter/Transit type full size setup.  I really don't think a Transit would be too bad at being a daily driver.  But then I also think about the swiftness and drivability of an actual minivan and I end up at places like this...

IMG-0594.jpg

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This thing is awesome.  it's playfully futuristic, almost like a Lego creation.   That's what Tesla cybertruck could have been.   Instead it's the butt of some hilarious jokes.  I'm also paying attention to the Ford e-transit vans.  If they could be made with a range extender, that may be my next vehicle.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
On 1/23/2021 at 7:19 PM, Tree Magnet said:

3f2d43c566a2e21cc76b38fde85508b7.jpg

Saw this beast at the Govalle trailhead today. Lifted Previa? Thought@cbaron might appreciate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old Toyoto Previas had optional AWD. They also had available manual transmissions and their engine was mounted behind the front wheels making it the only AWD, Mid-Engine, Manual Mini-Van, just like a Lambo...

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

This is the 2006 Dodge Sprinter 2500 that we took on our extended tour of New Mexico and Colorado.  My daughter and her boyfriend bought it in the Fall of 2019.  It was a mattress delivery van and they bought it sight unseen in Nashville after flying up there.  Over a couple of months they built it out as a camping van with no relevant background or experience and with a pretty limited budget.   It has three solar panels on the roof salvaged from a friend’s house that powers a kickass cooler, all the lighting inside, and charges phones and computers.  It has a nearly queen size bed that is positioned high enough that two bikes can stand up underneath (with the front tires removed).  It has a sink with a foot pump powered water faucet.  
 We knew they were off and running when a few days after getting it home they were cutting holes in the roof for the exhaust fan and the side for a window.  

4C0E6C16-3E0E-4802-948E-3F2F34D72431.jpeg

9F3C0C1D-72DA-4105-B9FF-54CC25F2BE6A.jpeg

A9B7E695-D3FA-4A1F-9B15-C9CCF65F1036.jpeg

• Like 2

Although we helped some with their buildout we mostly provided the place to work on it and the tools.  Then we got to use it for an extended trip.  I don’t think my wife will ever be good with tent camping again.  Now we are starting to think about getting our own Sprinter and the kids have offered to help with the build.

602578DB-E373-4314-BE71-B3806AA97E99.jpeg

7C8B322A-DDB5-4953-AB4D-EA939DC95EA1.jpeg

D2DC0F99-A85E-4818-ADA6-81F3DE25C139.jpeg

ECEC58E9-52F8-4C8B-8312-D031D3759BFE.jpeg

• Like 8