IGNORED

Saddle recommendations

MikeyG

Thanks for all of the feedback. What I’m gathering is this isn’t turning out to be a surprise Cmas gift idea. Oh well...

I guess I’ve never been too picky with seats personally- I’ve always been happy with the stock seat on each of my bikes. Maybe I don’t know what I’m missing???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here’s how to do the Christmas surprise:

Order the $23 bare nothing but carbon saddle on Amazon. Wrap that. It weighs nothing so she’ll never guess what it is. Then have a note in the box saying let’s go saddle shopping with the gift return slip.

16 minutes ago, Teamsloan said:

Here’s how to do the Christmas surprise:

Order the $23 bare nothing but carbon saddle on Amazon. Wrap that. It weighs nothing so she’ll never guess what it is. Then have a note in the box saying let’s go saddle shopping with the gift return slip.

You forgot "order one three sizes too small and tell her 'I thought this one might fit'"

On 11/26/2020 at 10:11 AM, MikeyG said:

Thanks for all of the feedback. What I’m gathering is this isn’t turning out to be a surprise Cmas gift idea. Oh well...

I guess I’ve never been too picky with seats personally- I’ve always been happy with the stock seat on each of my bikes. Maybe I don’t know what I’m missing???

It typically doesnt matter until you ride for over a few hours. Then it matters a lot. I got lucky and the first WTB volt saddle I used worked and I have bought that same shape ever since. I have used a tioga spyder, which is a plastic shell and it worked well. It turns out padding is completely unnecessary if the seat fits right.

It turns out padding is completely unnecessary if the seat fits right.

I joked about buying the all carbon saddle on Amazon, but I actually did. I’ve got it on the road bike and I’ve got two rides on it now with one of them being close to 45 miles or a little over 2 hrs long. I’m not going to say that it’s comfortable, but I didn’t hate life riding it either. It’s all about the fit.
http:// Signswise Lightweight Glossy Full Carbon Fiber Saddle for MTB Road Bike Seat Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00ZWXI9XA/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_fabc_n8oYFbTT7NQ5S