IGNORED

Frame Painting: Spray.Bike

RedRider3141

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, RedRider3141 said:

Got the vinyl decals on and two clear coats. Planning on assembly next weekend (instructions says 7 days for full cure). 

I'm slightly regretting not doing anything with the wheels or fork other than cleaning them. But I can always change it later. 

20210206_141314.jpg

20210206_141301.jpg

That looks awesome! Would you be willing to loan me your 3D printed frame inserts for when I paint my son frame? 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, RedRider3141 said:

Thanks! 

Sure thing, when do you need them? 

No rush, I’ve had the paint and clear coat carted since you started this thread and haven’t ordered yet. Figure I’ll order today just so I can start sometime this spring before the temps consistently get above 75 degrees.

12 minutes ago, 4fun said:

Did you wet sand between clear coats?

No, I sprayed ~1/2 the can and let dry for 2 hours and finished off the can, per their website. With my lack of paint skills and steady wind I got semi-gloss on most of bike and matte on some. For my first go and a kids bike I'm happy with the result. 

I pulled off the BB and seat tube plugs last night and they worked great at protecting the inners. If  I don't freeze in my garage this weekend I hope to remove the rest and assemble it with my daughter. 

• Like 1