IGNORED

Guerrilla Gravity Rain Maker

Seths Pool

Whats up everyone,

Im sure everybody is enjoying the weather! Take a moment to appreciate the mud puddles and unrideable trails outside caused by this fantastic Guerrilla Gravity "The Smash" built by my really good friend Jason out of Bastrop! 

This is a Large Smash running a 150f/140r configuration. 140/150/160 fork travel configurations welcomed.

Guerrilla Gravity is a smaller company based out of Denver, Colorado. They make a variety of hand-made Aluminum mountain bike frames. 

These bikes are very well built and designed, are surprisingly light for aluminum, are affordable, and ride so so good. Ive owned many different bikes of various brands throughout the years, and think Guerrilla Gravity is about the best all around fit ive found for me personally. very versatile, durable aluminum frames, ultra easy to work on, great customer service, and aggressive but adjustable geometry!

another really cool thing about GG bikes is that all of their full suspension bikes use the exact same front triangle. both 27.5 and 29. meaning you can essentially transform your bike to any one of their models just by swapping linkage, and/or fork, wheels, and rear triangle. have a short travel 29er one day, and the next day go shred your long travel 27.5

check out https://ridegg.com/bike-lineup

You will start to see more of these GG bikes in Texas. If anyone is interested in possibly buying a frame or complete bike, let me know! Use my BAMF ambassador code for a discount BAMF=SethB

I personally currently have a Large Version 1 GG Megatrail (165/160 27.5), and recently placed an order for a Large Smash frame so my 29er build will be happening soon! Let me know if your interested and I can try to facilitate a demo for you

Feel free to ask any questions!

IMG_9298.JPG

IMG_9299.JPG

Edited by Seths Pool
  • Like 3

Damn it Seth! Would you at least order and build both bikes at once????

This bike seems to have cause months worth of rain and you say you are about to order another one? We may never ride again! 😉

Sweet looking bike!

Edited by cxagent

1 hour ago, cxagent said:

Damn it Seth! Would you at least order and build both bikes at once????

This bike seems to have cause months worth of rain and you say you are about to order another one? We may never ride again! 😉

Sweet looking bike!

haha well this concurrent build happening at my house right now that I didnt mention probably isnt helping the weather either!

IMG_9309.JPG

5b4ca706546357cb4b5d0168fb07d018.jpg
I got mine in last week and only have one day of riding on it so far but I really like it. It climbs slow tech better than I thought it would. It is quite a bit larger than my last medium frame but it doesn’t feel that way on the trail. Mine is more of a budget build. Currently set up 150/140.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Bamwa said:

That must be the gf bike?....I know....Hell awaits.

lol nope. the primer is for me. I had this 2019 frame sitting in a box, contemplated selling it, then once I killed the evil wreckoning again, I just decided to do a parts swap and build this trail rocket 🙂

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Browndog said:

5b4ca706546357cb4b5d0168fb07d018.jpg
I got mine in last week and only have one day of riding on it so far but I really like it. It climbs slow tech better than I thought it would. It is quite a bit larger than my last medium frame but it doesn’t feel that way on the trail. Mine is more of a budget build. Currently set up 150/140.

Very nice! My frame is raw also. and I’d bet with clipless pedals that thing would climb even better

6 hours ago, Seths Pool said:

another really cool thing about GG bikes is that all of their full suspension bikes use the exact same front triangle. both 27.5 and 29. meaning you can essentially transform your bike to any one of their models just by swapping linkage, and/or fork, wheels, and rear triangle. have a short travel 29er one day, and the next day go shred your long travel 27.5

that sorta blows my mind. efficient from an operations perspective and impressive that they can make the geometry work from 120mm to 160mm, 29 and 27.5.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Seths Pool said:

haha well this concurrent build happening at my house right now that I didnt mention probably isnt helping the weather either! 

IMG_9309.JPG

Gonna ride like shit with that stick in place of the rear shock, and the seat is pretty minimalist, but whatever floats your boat.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, notyal said:

I call BS. That is obviously oak. Do you spray paint your stanchions gold and put a Kashima sticker on there too?

close, the fork is made of painted oak, but the rear shock is most definitely mahogany. 

I know mahogany is expensive, its ok if you're more of a cedar and birch kinda guy. haha

Edited by Seths Pool

13 hours ago, Seths Pool said:

lol nope. the primer is for me. I had this 2019 frame sitting in a box, contemplated selling it, then once I killed the evil wreckoning again, I just decided to do a parts swap and build this trail rocket 🙂

Since shinerider steered this thread back to normal...    I must say the seatpost only wouldn't be a bad way to stay on top for some kegeling ex'es I've known. 

16 hours ago, notyal said:

I've always loved the raw aluminum look.

It only works if it has a clearcoat on top. My Hammerhead (Titus) did not and looked awesome for the first week, then never again. My current Niner has the clearcoat and it looks better - when I bother to wash it. Which is rare, only after I ride really muddy trails 😉

• Like 1

It only works if it has a clearcoat on top. My Hammerhead (Titus) did not and looked awesome for the first week, then never again. My current Niner has the clearcoat and it looks better - when I bother to wash it. Which is rare, only after I ride really muddy trails [emoji6]

“Galvanize” the Titus! Or maybe some type of acid etching.That would look super sick on a rat rod build.

5 hours ago, AustinBike said:

It only works if it has a clearcoat on top. My Hammerhead (Titus) did not and looked awesome for the first week, then never again. My current Niner has the clearcoat and it looks better - when I bother to wash it. Which is rare, only after I ride really muddy trails 😉

Yeah, now that you mention that, I did have some weird corrosion issue with a raw Yeti I once had

IMG_0075.JPG

IMG_0078.JPG