IGNORED

porch pirate spray bomb

crazyt

Was thinking there are some people with the skills to make something like this.

It would be based on this refillable spray can

https://www.amazon.com/Jacquard-YouCAN-Refillable-Powered-Spray/dp/B0748KZFQK/ref=sr_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=refillable+paint+spray+can&qid=1608474897&sr=8-2

The first iteration might just be tip attachment that has a pin that can be pulled. Once the pin is pulled the spray can sprays the filled liquid everywhere.

Fill with cat urine, coyote urine, skunk scent etc.

Attach the pin to the lid of the box. When the box is opened the pin is pulled and the urine sprays everywhere. 

The ideal form factor would be pre-pressurized and not reusable.

I think this would sell really well, but might be illegal.

On 12/20/2020 at 8:39 AM, crazyt said:

Fill with cat urine, coyote urine, skunk scent etc

Harvesting process could be arduous.  Maybe durian smell or mercaptan?

There are daily instances of porch piracy in my hood.  Rings are documenting the piracy but not stopping it. 

Edited by June Bug
  • Like 1

last year there were a bunch of porch package pirates in my neighborhood. I dumped a bunch of soiled cat litter in a bag and packaged it in a taped up Amazon box on my porch in the hope that someone would "steal" it. Joke's on me! no one stole it and I had to dispose of a soggy box of cat litter a week later. 

Edited by mack_turtle
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, mack_turtle said:

My kids love Mark Rober, and frankly, so do I. He teaches kids about science and engineering in a really fun way. He is not usually a "prank show". With all the other crap on Youtube, I could care less about him staging a little footage for this one. I hope it doesn't hurt his reputation as someone who seems to genuinely enjoys teaching. 

• Like 1

I attempt my best to make sure any packages get scheduled for delivery when I'm home. IF this doesn't quite work out, and I know something will arrive after I've left for work (I work nights,)  I turn the front door light off. Long-ish "hall" of sorts to my door, and someone would have to walk up with a flashlight at night to see if there was anything there. Most thieves are opportunists, and usually just steal what they can see from street. 

On 12/22/2020 at 8:07 AM, June Bug said:

There are daily instances of porch piracy in my hood.  Rings are documenting the piracy but not stopping it. 

I listed those because you can buy them bottled.

On 12/22/2020 at 8:07 AM, June Bug said:

I listed those because you can buy them bottled. The you can just needs a different nozzle. Here is a video of a very inexpensive one based on paintball paint grenades. There is a high risk of accidents during assembly

https://www.instructables.com/BEST-DIY-Paintball-Grenade/