IGNORED

Day Tripper - Nearby trails to be explored

throet

On 11/9/2021 at 11:27 PM, natas1321 said:

it has been open for a bit, I usually get out there at least once a week, pretty much the same it has been for years with some new signage and cleaned up some as well.

That's good to hear. We were last out there this past spring, and there were a lot of bypasses in the first mile or two that had us thinking we were riding walnut creek. 

Been starting/finishing at the marina for the last few rides and really like it.

• Like 1

On 11/11/2021 at 8:23 AM, ATXZJ said:

That's good to hear. We were last out there this past spring, and there were a lot of bypasses in the first mile or two that had us thinking we were riding walnut creek. 

Been starting/finishing at the marina for the last few rides and really like it.

@ATXZJIs the plan to meet at the Marina on Sunday? Do you know what the fees are to get into the park? 

image.thumb.png.af429357094a1ceed2848dd87f491352.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, throet said:

@ATXZJIs the plan to meet at the Marina on Sunday? Do you know what the fees are to get into the park? 

Unless they changed it after ACOE gave up control there was no fee for trail access. They only charged to access the beach area opposite the trailhead lot, and at the campground entrance which is past the marina. Those would both be closed for the season when ACOE controlled things.   Used to ride there a bunch when my nieces in Schertz were kids. Would drop the wife to mall walk with them while I got in a few laps. 😉

• Like 1

3 hours ago, throet said:

image.thumb.png.af429357094a1ceed2848dd87f491352.png

Yep marina at noon. The only thing that'll cost us money are the post-ride  margaritas at the marina.

Also told @Chief that I'd ride my 38lb park bike if he joins us😁

Edited by ATXZJ
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Chongo Loco said:

So anything different out there other than a few trail signs?  Would be nice if they would ever open the restroom by the trailhead. PITA for ladies to have to go all the way to the marina.

Campground still shutdown in fall/winter?  

Campground is closed for season. Couple of porta-cans at trailhead now.

There were some flags on the trail and some mapping so it looks like they're trying to clean things up a bit.  Lots of cut throughs and re routes in the first mile or two that needs some attention.